Wanting to build my first Russian jet, the Mig-29.

Regardless of scale (1/72, 1/48 or 1/32) or variant, what kit builds into an accurate example of this great jet.

Thanks,

Jason

1/72 - ICM MiG-29 9.13

1/48 - Academy

1/32 - Trumpeter for M/K versions. If you want in service 9.12/-13 then revell kit is the way to go with zacto stuff.

If you want to build a great looking Mig-29 and not afraid of using resin :

I would say : try to get the old revell kit and combine it with zactomodels set

the hardest thing would be to find the kit :thumbsup:

===> I am myself looking for it "too bad there is no reissue"

Side_lg.jpg

happy modeling ;)

Don't want to jinx Zacto, but I'd love to see Academy do the 9-12 version in

1/32 scale to the same level as they did the F-18 Hornet!

They would better make 1/32 Super Hornet, Mirage-2000, Rafale and Harrier as a controversion to Trumpy's releases, actual and future!

Alexander.

Edited by Eastern
What's wrong with Italeri's 1/72 version?

The wheels are too small, the panel lines and the nozzles are wrong. Also the canopy is too low and the windscreen doesn't wrap around the nose like it should (haneto has corrected this in his stunning build).

ICM didn't improve the nozzles and the canopy but the rest is better.

Edited by Laurent
If you want to build a great looking Mig-29 and not afraid of using resin :

I would say : try to get the old revell kit and combine it with zactomodels set

the hardest thing would be to find the kit :unsure:

===> I am myself looking for it "too bad there is no reissue"

Side_lg.jpg

happy modeling :cheers:

I know of a shop that has one, its the ROG with german markings, its a reasonable price, If you want I could give you a contact number...it 1/32 scale...

The ICM kit is the same as the Italeri kit? Same tool?

No, different models, its differents modifications of Mig-29's. ICM is reworked Italeri model with correct some of mistakes and non correct other mistakes.

Wanting to build my first Russian jet, the Mig-29.

Regardless of scale (1/72, 1/48 or 1/32) or variant, what kit builds into an accurate example of this great jet.

Thanks,

Jason

I've built 1/72 Italeri Mig-29 Fulcrum A. Not a bad model. Pieces fit together quite nicely, only need filler at the bottom of engine intakes. Panel lines are engraved. Very good quality considering the kit only cost me less than AUD$20. Not sure about how accurate the model is compared to the real aircraft.

The wheels are too small, the panel lines and the nozzles are wrong. Also the canopy is too low and the windscreen doesn't wrap around the nose like it should (haneto has corrected this in his stunning build).

ICM didn't improve the nozzles and the canopy but the rest is better.

still it looks like a mig-29 when complete and it is the best representation of MIG-29 9-12 version available today.

still it looks like a mig-29 when complete

No Dragan: it looks like a MiG-29 to you. My opinion:

1) a model has to capture "the face" (front fuselage area: nose shape, windscreen shape, canopy shape) of the real plane because that's what you see when you put the finished model on the shelf

2) making a windcreen that doesn't wrap around the nose (to improve downward visibility) is in a way denying the evolution of fighter planes: the previous MiGs had poor frontal visibility as they weren't designed as dogfighters. Same thing with the Su-22 models (1/72 Bilek/Italeri or 1/48 KP). I expect the windscreen of a MiG-29 model to be different to the windscreen of a Fishbed or a Flogger. If it doesn't it doesn't fully look like a MiG-29 to me.

it is the best representation of MIG-29 9-12 version available today.

True.

Edited by Laurent
No Dragan: it looks like a MiG-29 to you. My opinion:

1) a model has to capture "the face" (front fuselage area: nose shape, windscreen shape, canopy shape) of the real plane because that's what you see when you put the finished model on the shelf

2) making a windcreen that doesn't wrap around the nose (to improve downward visibility) is in a way denying the evolution of fighter planes: the previous MiGs had poor frontal visibility as they weren't designed as dogfighters. Same thing with the Su-22 models (1/72 Bilek/Italeri or 1/48 KP). I expect the windscreen of a MiG-29 model to be different to the windscreen of a Fishbed or a Flogger. If it doesn't it doesn't fully look like a MiG-29 to me.

True.

you are spot on the mistakes of the kit.but still i would have to say that id rather build some italeri kits that look as they look instead of just debating and philosophing about what is wright and wrong about the available kits and have no mig-29 in 72 for my collection.there will be better kits in the future(i hope) untill then i will build the italeri/icm kits :beer4:

but still i would have to say that id rather build some italeri kits that look as they look instead of just debating and philosophing about what is wright and wrong about the available kits and have no mig-29 in 72 for my collection.

Sure but jiawei 91 asked for informations. I've provided him informations. You've reacted to my reply by giving an opinion. In other words, you have started the debating and philosophying :woot.gif: Shouldn't we stop now ? I doubt that the forum members are very interested by uninformative posts.

untill then i will build the italeri/icm kits :cheers:

Great. Do so. I'll continue building my Yak-28 when I have time (1 hour each evening when the kids are sleeping).

Sure but jiawei 91 asked for informations. I've provided him informations. You've reacted to my reply by giving an opinion. In other words, you have started the debating and philosophying :lol: Shouldn't we stop now ? I doubt that the forum members are very interested by uninformative posts.

Great. Do so. I'll continue building my Yak-28 when I have time (1 hour each evening when the kids are sleeping).

hehe :cheers: thats ok :D