Gents,

I only have a couple of pics of this model taken.

I just moved home to Alabama and broke the main rotor mast. Once I get that fixed I'll take a few more.

This was not really a "fun" build for me. My Isracast set didn't fit very well and the kit itself had some fit issues. The kit was bought second hand and a couple of pieces were missing from the box. They were little pieces, but were still missing. I also think some of the plastic was a little warped. All of that aside, I was relatively pleased with how it turned out. I still want to re-do the TADS system one day because I wasn't happy with how it turned out. Good thing it can be removed easily.

Cockpit was Aires, FOD covers are by M&M Armycast, Decals were from the "old" Saraf sheet by Isradecal. I have the new sheet too, and the old sheet eclipses the new one in detail and quality in my opinion.

The paints were the exact Humbrol mixtures quoted on the decal sheet.....with some MM acrylics and enamels in various areas. To my eye, the camo colors look perfect. I was impressed that Isradecal got the mixtures so close. However, after mixing the Humbrols, I did figure out the correct Model Master enamels mixtures to use. I hated using the Humbrol paints. Maybe it is because I've never used them before, but I definitely do NOT prefer them to Model Master.

I'm sure some of you guys can pick up the mistakes and omissions I made.

It took first place at the Tulsa IPMS show last month.

Hope you like it.

x02.jpg

x04.jpg

x05.jpg

......So where you moving back to? Stop by Auburn and say hello if you are ever up this way.

Ray

Ray,

I moved back to Dothan.

Hopefully I can swing up by Auburn in the fall. I want to go to a game, maybe. I haven't been to one in 10 years or so.

JED

• 2 weeks later...