Lockheed RF-104G Starfighter - Hellenic AF -

72942593.jpg

Hi everybody,

Reader of ARC for a long time, the time as come for me for my first topic ... it's never too late !?

so now I'm here with the jet I prefer : The One O Four !

I tried a few "scratch" modifications on the classic Hasegawa kit, for the Recce version of the Starfighter.

RF-104G has got a camera system in a small bump behind the nosewheel and a camera in the left side of the fuselage

(in front of the port intake).

This starfighter was in service with German Marineflieger coded 26+69, to Hellenic Air Force in 1986 where ASIA style

schem patern was applied. Based at Araxos Air Base.

Sorry for not talking longer caus' of my poor English, so let's go for photos !

p20v.jpg

p34.jpg

master1.jpg

master2q.jpg

of course you're welcome for any questions or remarks !

p27r.jpg

Great model and great pictures especially the one with the "covered" a/c in the background...and something else, since I have been to Araxos AFB more than a couple of times I can tell you that the mountains in the horizon are exacly like the real ones in the area. Once more well done.

Thank you all for your comments.

since I have been to Araxos AFB more than a couple of times I can tell you that the mountains in the horizon are exacly like the real ones in the area.

Hi Zark,

it makes me curious,

you have photo of this place ?

• 4 weeks later...

Faab 104..

FANTASTIC ...SUPERB...AWESOME 104....Nice detailing and workmanship...

I looked at this and thought what model...as it looks SO realistic I thought it was 1:1...

BRILLIANT photos too...

And WELCOME to ARC..Hope you enjoy the stay and show more of your EXCELLENT models...

HOLMES :) <_<

faab, fantastic result, it doesnt look like 1/72! :whistle:

And you added a nice detail, the Chaff / Flare dispenser, some of the MFG2 were retrofitted with them.

Kind Regards,

Jürgen

Hi Andre !

the answer to your question is in the "missile with a man in it" GB section of ARC.

I try to make a better one, but German this time.

Concerning the chaff/flare, I took them in the Italeri Kit of the F-5B.

They are not exactly the same for a 104. But I think they looks good for 1/72...

Hi Faab

Wow!! nice to see you here on ARC. The 1/72nd 104 master is coming (but I know you know how to build beautiful other types too).

That's really a nice model you show us here, effect enhanced by great photography that make the whole thing look real.

Welcome on ARC mate.

Cheers

Eric B.

Hi Andre !

the answer to your question is in the "missile with a man in it" GB section of ARC.

I try to make a better one, but German this time.

Concerning the chaff/flare, I took them in the Italeri Kit of the F-5B.

They are not exactly the same for a 104. But I think they looks good for 1/72...

Thanks! The F-5 items look pretty spot on to me - I have a couple Esci / Italeri / RoG F-5's in the stash that could be donors for when I attempt a recce Marineflieger '104 with the new Daco decal set.

Cheers,

Andre