International Air Power Review

Received Vol. 27 yesterday. I renewed my subscription today, as well, though I have one more issue left on the current subscription. The impression I got from Mel is that the situation with his wife is (guardedly) improving. He also seemed encouraged by his current staff, and intends to have the next issue out in April. Hope they're on the mend on all fronts.

Good news... I was on the fence about renewing my subscription but I think I will. How did you renew? Are they on the web still?

John

I'm looking forward to #27! Glad to hear that an issue is finally out. I sure hope that they'll get back to 4 a year. I renewed after the last issue (last spring?), so more to come i hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Debrief - Chilean Earthquake

Special Report - Baltic Air Policing

Photo Report - HMLAT-303

Air Power Analysis - Fortele Aeriene Romane

Type Analysis - HC-144A Ocean Sentry

Type Update - Super Hornet Down Under

Special Report - Top Aces (not actually about aces)

Air Power Analysis - Chile

Air Operations - Operation Guardian Falcon (BAF)

Air Arm Review - France, AdA Reorganization

Pioneers & Prototypes - F-20

Warplane Classic - Swordfish

Air Combat - P-61

Pioneers & Prototypes - V-1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Website is back up and they're on Facebook. Still no sign of the latest issue though...

You mean the Airtime Publishing website? It hasn't been updated in a while, stating Vol.22 was mailed in September 2007.....

I spoke to the owner of IAPR a couple of months ago. He was very apologetic and explained that he'd just had a bereavement after a long illness. He undertook to sort out a missing back issue and said that the next one (29, I believe) would be out soon. Since then, I've heard and received nothing.

This is a shame but I've lost nothing. IAPR only ever bill you when they send you something, so I'm not owed money or a copy. In the circumstances I'm inclined to cut the poor chap some slack and I'll take any new issues as a welcome surprise.

• 8 months later...

Just got off the phone with Airtime (I presume Mel, at least the same fellow who's answered in the past). Apparently, they're still chugging away, and hoping to get things mailed by October (yes, I know the history, but I suspect things will be delivered, eventually). He said he's currently on his own, but as long as he's still answering the phone, it's obviously not dead, yet.

Just got off the phone with Airtime (I presume Mel, at least the same fellow who's answered in the past). Apparently, they're still chugging away, and hoping to get things mailed by October (yes, I know the history, but I suspect things will be delivered, eventually). He said he's currently on his own, but as long as he's still answering the phone, it's obviously not dead, yet.

Good news... I wish him the best, he has a quality product. Any info on how they will be distributed? Mail order only or also in book stores (the few that are left)?

That is good news & I hope it happens - IAPR & my now rather tatty 18 volume collection of The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Aircraft are two of my most prised possessions.

When I subscribed to TIEOA as a kid I didn't really figure that I would still be using them on a regular basis nearly 30 years later.....

• 9 months later...

Anyone hear from these guys?

I received a letter about 6 months ago stating that they were back in business, had their issues resolved and were again selling subscriptions. The next issue was pretty much ready to go out the door and future issues would follow on schedule. I paid for just the upcoming issue, being a bit concerned about their long-term viability. Sent in the CC info and have yet to have received the single issue that was promised to be "ready to go".

I'll be sending an email asking for a refund on my card (also will be contacting the CC company to have the charge voided) but was wondering if anyone else has an update on them?

I really was hoping they were back in operation, it's a fantastic series.

I have not received a letter since #27 came out in Jan 2011, IIRC at that time the publisher claimed #28 was in the pipeline and would be out shortly. I looked at my records and saw I was paid up through #32 so IAPR still owes me FIVE issues. Do I think I'll ever see them? Hell no. IMO you'd be a fool to send these guys any money.

It sucks the guy had family health problems but ZERO communication and/or refunds over a period of YEARS is an inexcusable business practice.