A new molded Su-33 by Hasegawa?

I'm not getting my hopes up! Besides, I prefer 1/48 scale. It's to bad that the Japanese model manufactures feel it's not

worth it to tool new kits of Russian aircraft. We are left with you know who, and you know they will get it wrong.

Brad

We are left with you know who, and you know they will get it wrong.

LOL <_< But at least they're trying and I guess it's better than to have no kit at all (which is the alternative in most cases).

I hope they'll actually provide a new fuselage parts and fix the dimensional problem with the rear fuselage at the same time. Not that I'm particularly interested in the 1/72 version, but if successful, it might get noticed by the Academy (so we'd have the same thing done in 1/48).

I'm happy to see 1:72 get its due for a change, lately. On the other hand, with a subject like the Su-33, I'd be excited about a new release regardless of scale. Maybe I could use bits for some other canarded Flanker variants?

I really dont think that Academy one is a new mold but just a conversion mostly scratch build. But, again, I hope I am wrong.

It is not a new mold, but a conversion of the Su-27UB as Haneto noted on the first page.

So far most of what I've seen has been news of robots and anime.

Perhaps it is the bias of whomever is taking the pics so far. I admit that for me 72nd news gets by me also I don't follow Eastern European limited run stuff. So if the person taking the pics so far is not an aircraft guy he may not notice new and interesting stuff for the rest of us around here.

Hey Hobbyboss is releasing a 48th Ta-152C or two and other than my threads over on BM I have yet to see anyone else mention it. (yeah I know Luft '46)

it reminds me...In 2000 SHANGHAI DRAGON was to leave a new SU-35 and SU-37 with canards in 1 / 72 scale ...

At this day, we are still waiting !!???? 10 Years ...lol Not serious ! :whistle:

I don't recall Dragon announcing Su-35 or Su-37 kits in 1:72, but they did release those two in 1:144 in the form of their upgraded Su-27 kit (which isn't really 1:144).

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of the Hasegawa announcement.

Has anybody noticed that there's no mention of this alleged kit in any of the show reports? I have my serious doubts that it's real...

J

Odd that hasegawa didnt announce it at the Tokyo show..

It's odd and I'm always in serious doubt when I hear about a new Russian jet fighter kit.

I don't recall Dragon announcing Su-35 or Su-37 kits in 1:72, but they did release those two in 1:144 in the form of their upgraded Su-27 kit (which isn't really 1:144).

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of the Hasegawa announcement.

Yes MIG, If you can find Dragon Catalog between 1999 and 2001, you will see these infos with previous box photo's . It was : 1/72 SU-35 PLA and SU-37 Super Flanker by Shanghai Dragon in Air superiority serie ...

It's odd and I'm always in serious doubt when I hear about a new Russian jet fighter kit.
....ah, it was too good to be true.

P

Well, i am pessimistic as well, but Haneto isn't lying (and have no reason to do so either). Website he posted says:

"26 ......It announces the old Soviet machine complete new gold 1/72 scale Su−33 franc car D after [hasegawa] approximately 20 years!!"

And the announcement in the magazine seems to be lasting two pages. So it is odd that it wasn't announced at Tokyo, but it isn't first time new kits have been announced at one source only. So maybe Hasegawa and magazine had an agreement to announce the news and maybe show pictures on in the magazine, as an exclusive.

We will know in a few days. :)

But is there any japanese members that have the magazine already and can confirm it?

I new it was all a big misunderstanding . I think what is said was, all model manufactures in the world will keep tooling as

many kits of the Bf-109 in all scales as there are hairs on a dog! Don't even think about getting any Russian stuff. After all, we can't have too many 109s RIGHT :jaw-dropping:!!!

Brad

Well, i am pessimistic as well, but Haneto isn't lying (and have no reason to do so either). Website he posted says:

"26 ......It announces the old Soviet machine complete new gold 1/72 scale Su−33 franc car D after [hasegawa] approximately 20 years!!"

And the announcement in the magazine seems to be lasting two pages. So it is odd that it wasn't announced at Tokyo, but it isn't first time new kits have been announced at one source only. So maybe Hasegawa and magazine had an agreement to announce the news and maybe show pictures on in the magazine, as an exclusive.

We will know in a few days. :jaw-dropping:

But is there any japanese members that have the magazine already and can confirm it?

Well,it's odd that I have not received my copy yet while in the past,the nice editor usually sent me the magazine even before it was formally annouced.

As far as I was told by my Japanese friends,there's an interview against CEO of Hasegawa Hobby.

I will translate into English after getting the magazine FYI.

And yes.

Hobby Show isn't all.

Hasegawa holds the biggest also the only one model contest in Japan,JMC contest every year.

So many new items are announced at JMC contest,including many big items such as 1/350 CV Akagi,etc.

Don't be upset,and calm down.

Just wait and see...

Yufei

On the same note, the Fujimi 1/72 F-35B is supposed be released this month yet there are no photos of it from the Hobby show, but there are plenty of photos of other releases from this month coming from other manufaturers and plenty of gundam and anime goods. So sometimes it comes to the priorities from the photographer.

Now this also reminds me that Hasegawa had announced an F-35 too early this year in Nuremberg and so far we haven't heard anything new about it.