F-16 Tiger Meet 09

Hello all,

This is the 1:72 Revell F-16 MLU Tiger Meet 2009 kit that I built OOB.

It was a nice little kit that went together really well. I was not looking forward to the decals but they worked great. Who ever engineered them did a fantastic job. They were very easy to use. I started with the wings so that I would know the decals were correctly aligned, then worked my way around the rest of the aircraft. If there are any problems with the decals it was because of my skills not the decals. It took me 4 days to complete the decals.

I like my jets to be in flight so I stained a craft store wood block and mounted it with some acrylic rod.

05.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

Its a great addition to my Tiger Meet collection.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Els

beautiful finish! How heavy is that block of wood that the model isn't tipping forward? That looks like exactly what I'm looking for for some stands.

Very nicely done. I'd love to have something like that on my desk. And it's a beautiful subject to.

Us Belgians aren't really big on patriotic feelings, hell, it's been over 300 days since the last elections, and we still don't have a government, because politicians from the two main parts of the country can't agree on anything. But our F-16 guys, active in Afghanistan and Libya, and doing a great job there, sure do make me be proud to be Belgian.

Thanks everybody,

drhornii, there isn't a lot of painting to do on this kit, about 95% of it is covered with decals. Paint the radome light grey and the rest of the kit gunship grey, with a light grey strip at the bottom. I am totaly impressed by these decals. I have had Revell kits in the past that I did not like the decals but these were done by Daco and worked great. I used Micro set/sol and they settled down into the details just fine. As I said in my original post, whoever designed the decals did a perfect job. They all fit just right.

RKic, the block of wood is pretty light. I drilled a hole and inserted some brass tubing to hold the acrylic rod. Bigasshammm is right about the counter balancing. At first I just had one continuous bend from the wood to the aircraft but it kept tipping over. I added the other small bend just after leaving the wood block and now it is pretty stable. I was thinking about driling a 1/4" hole in the wood block for some fishing weights, but I don't think it needs it now.

Huntermountain, I love the Belgian Tiger Meet F-16's. They always come up with beautiful and imaginative schemes.

Els