TAMIYA 1/32 F-16DJ Block 52

I'm amazed at the crispness of your styrene work. There doesn't appear to be one stray glue mark, or really, any glue marks at all! What are you using for glue? How are you applying it?

Hi,

I'm using Tamiya extra thin cement. For the very thin surfaces, I simply use a small paint brush to apply it.

Regards

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

The Viper is back!

The cockpit is ready to be detailed panel by panel, a very interesting step! The upper and lower part of the fuselage are glued together now, as well as the radome. I'm going to start to think about how to scratchbuild the dorsal spine now...a lot of work but not so as difficult as the cockpit had been.

dsc03553g.jpg

dsc03554r.jpg

dsc03555s.jpg

dsc03557mc.jpg

Cheers

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Starting the week end with the dorsal spine. The Academy one does not fit at all with the Tamiya scribing. And I believe that Tamiya is accurate compared to the documentation. So lte's start some scratch_built again.

dsc03560x.jpg

dsc03561nz.jpg

Eric

There are kit assemblers.

There are modelers.

There are artists.

You sir, are an artist.

This is absolutely amazing. You are one of the greats.

The thing that always impresses me with these super-builds is not only your skill, but your patience.

FANTASTIC WORK!! :worship:

Hi,

Still working on the spine today. I inserted stiffeners in Evergreen to reinforce the structure to avoid any deformation between each bulkhead. The second objective is to be able to make round the upper surface.

p1030747sz.jpg

dsc6598e.jpg

dsc6599.jpg

dsc6597r.jpg

Hello to you all,

I worked on the RH speed brake today. In the same time, I finished the adjustment of the spine to the fuselage.

The first picture shows the kit before modification:

dsc03595v.jpg

Then in sequence you have the different steps to make the fairing:

dsc03597j.jpg

dsc03601xc.jpg

Finally, the result for comparison:

dsc03603e.jpg

Cheers

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Today, I 'm working on the spine again. It is time to add all the remaining details such as the two vents on the LH side and the final shape of the upper side.

To make sure to have a perfect holes, instead of drilling them, I inserted an Evergreen tube.

dsc03604j.jpg

dsc03605q.jpg

dsc03606m.jpg

Making the buldge

dsc03607r.jpg

dsc03609yq.jpg

dsc03608ns.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Eric F

Dear modellers,

I started today by making the holes for the shaff dispensers. The best is to manage to find the A.M.U.R photo-etched chaff/flares dispensers. Since most of the time the polish vipers do not have covers on them, the photo-etched parts will give a nice looking. To make sure to have a good result, I made before a template in an aluminium sheet taking as reference the photo-etched part. Here is the result here below:

dsc03613a.jpg

dsc03610cj.jpg

dsc03611b.jpg

dsc03614r.jpg

Happy modelling!

Eric

Edited by Eric F
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is today the exhaust of the P&W F100-PW-229 with black carbon fiber turkey feathers. The Tamiya parts are very accurate. I just made the turkey feathers thinner from the inside with very small upgrade.It is painted with Gunze "tire black" dry brushed with graphite powder.The metallic parts are not painted yet. To be done later.

dsc03687s.jpg

dsc03688f.jpg

dsc03689km.jpg

dsc03690o.jpg

dsc03692x.jpg

All the best

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Looks perfect! Woulnd'nt be easier to paint the metallic parts before assembly of the nozzle?

Tanks! In fact it is only a dry assembly used to well positon the turkey feathers. I normally would spray Alclad today.

Eric