TAMIYA 1/32 F-16DJ Block 52

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I started again working on my Viper this week end. I'm so busy with my job that it is difficult to update this built regularly. So, I spent some time on the vertical fin to update it. First, trailing and leading edge had been sanded to make them as thin as possible. The tip is modified because the shape of the kit did not satisfied me enough. On the first picture, we can also notice that I vacue-formed a new scoop on the RH side of the spine. The one from the kit was too big and the lip not thin enough to me. The very small piece of plastic card at the bottom of the rudder is damage repear!

dsc03799s.jpg

dsc03800f.jpg

dsc03801s.jpg

dsc03803q.jpg

The vertical fin of the Academy kit before and after.

dsc03804nh.jpg

Thank you for looking in.

See you soon

Eric

I sprayed today one coat of Alclad primer. It is the first time I use it and I'm very satisfied of the result optained. We can sand the surface only 30 minutes after spraying. I definitely recommend this product.

dsc03808f.jpg

Bye

Eric

I checked today the dry fitting of the chaff and flares dispenser. The photo etched is thin so it makes the box assembly is very easy.

dsc03809d.jpg

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Thanks a lot HOLMES

All the boxes are set. No need to use glue. They are entered in force in the holes.

dsc03812p.jpg

dsc03810wl.jpg

I have now to reproduce the stiffeners on the spine with masks and Alclad surfacer.

Eric

We continue with the stiffeners. I sprayed first some Alclad grey Primer followed by Gunze acrilic. The final result shown here below is before 24 hours drying. The depth will be adjusted by sanding with micromesh afterwards.

dsc03813wd.jpg

dsc03814x.jpg

dsc03815b.jpg

dsc03816e.jpg

That's all for today!

Eric

Dear all,

The dorsal spine is on the way to be finished. I "sprayed" today the last stiffeners ribs and plates. The method of the tape plus the Alclad grey primer works perfectly. The pics here below show the emplacement of the next stiffeners. I'll be able now to work again on the cockpit.

Ah yes, something new: the Academy canopy is deffinitely wrong to fit to the Tamiya kit. I will have to heat the oil to vaccu it like I did on the Mirage 2000D.

A new challenge yet!

img0169ck.jpg

img0170q.jpg

img0171jy.jpg

img0173ix.jpg

img0174st.jpg

See you next time

Eric

Excellent job, Eric! I definitely like how this is turning out. The chaff/flare dispensers look great, and I'm also going to steal your method for building up the stiffeners. Looks ridiculously easy and effective. Can't wait to see the progress.

:cheers:

Justin

Excellent job, Eric! I definitely like how this is turning out. The chaff/flare dispensers look great, and I'm also going to steal your method for building up the stiffeners. Looks ridiculously easy and effective. Can't wait to see the progress.

:cheers:

Justin

Hi!

Starting a new topic. The dorsal spine is not an issue anymore. I'm able to start again on the cockpit. This is the begining of the rudder pedals.

img0182e.jpg

img0183xr.jpg

Bye

Edited by Eric F