TAMIYA 1/32 F-16DJ Block 52

• 2 weeks later...

Eric....

Every time I look at this I get chills because it brings back so many good memories

Looking at the pit right now I expect to be seeing a few pens some change and a cheat list that one of my pilots dropped years ago when he "Didn't" Fod out the cockpit...

William G

Absolutely fantastic work sir just AWESOME!!! How on earth did you make the small black panels, the lettering on them, the small knobs????

Please enlighten us. Keep up the marvelous work and give us some of your knowledge and skills.

John

Absolutely fantastic work sir just AWESOME!!! How on earth did you make the small black panels, the lettering on them, the small knobs????

Please enlighten us. Keep up the marvelous work and give us some of your knowledge and skills.

John

Hi John, and every body,

Here are some tips. The black panels are made from Evergreen 0.13 mm plain sheet. I first adjusted all panels before painting them. To do so, I sticked them on tape ribbon. I sprayed Tire black paint with 70% dilution. Thinner the paint is, easier is the scribing for the lettering. You just have to use a thin needle to smothly scratch the paint to let the white styrene appearing. The knobs are from sprue stretched over a flame. All panels are prepared before to definitly glue them on the side console. The arm and wrist rest are scratch built to make then thinner than the one from the kit, even if they are really beautfull.

Just forinformation, the model will be represented seats removed. They had been removed to find out a lost pencil during flight. The canopy will be displayed on a table aside. it is unsual to see what is usually hidden. it is really enjoying to detail such a part of a cockpit, especially in the 32nd scale.

Do not hesitate to ask me for any further informations.

Cheers

Happy modelling to you all!

Eric

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I really think it would be easier to invent a Shrinking-Machine, get a real F-16 and put that in the machine and set it to 1/32.

You decided to do it the hard way ;)

But we are most gratefull you did. Now we have this awesome build to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

I'm back on ARC forum after a year break. This time I'm starting a new project with a conversion of the Tamiya F-16C Block 40 in a polish Block 52. I'm actually mixing 3 kits: the Tam Thunderbirds, the Tam Block 50 and the Academy Sufa. I exchanged the landing gear, the main landing gear doors. I use from the Academy kit the specific parts coming from the Sufa. The nose wheel is from Wheeliant.

These are her below the first pics of my work in progress I started two weeks ago.

The auxiliary wheel well.

p1020020f.jpg

photoiph005.jpg

p1020021xy.jpg

I modifyed a little bit the auxiliary landing gear to be able to set in after the air intake.

p1020024zn.jpg

I did not follow the Tamiya instructions for the air intake. The main objective is to be able to paint the air duct in a single piece. The next pics show how to set the intake on the duct with minor modifications.

p1020040h.jpg

p1020041w.jpg

p1020042l.jpg

Before we have to modify the section on the forward bulkhead of the main wheel well. Tamiya Thunderbird kit represent a Block 40 without the reinforced landing gear. So the polish vipers have the bulged landing gear doors as the Block 50. The "pre bulged" is done with plasticard and putty. The little hole is the Obogs vent.

dsc03022v.jpg

dsc03026t.jpg

dsc03027o.jpg

New pics very soon

Regards

Eric

Your wheel wells and the wiring you are doing is amazing. When you look at the front wheel well what did you use on the wires to make the little bumps. Is it superglue?