TAMIYA 1/32 F-16DJ Block 52

First of all, many many thanks for your support and positive comments.

While still thinking about how to built the cockpit, I tried the paints I especially made for this Viper. The colors are very close to the real aircrfat according to the lighting. I sanded a lot the stabilazers to have a thin trailing edge and leading edge. I removed the scribing because we see anything on the close view of the real one. The static dispensers are home made and thinner to cope to the overall shape.

dsc03343v.jpg

The under side is actually in the same color as the upper side, but the lighting was different

dsc03346d.jpg

dsc03344wb.jpg

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Dear all,

While waiting for some documentation to scratch built the cockpit tub, I started to find issues to adapt the Academy canopy to the Tamiya fuselage. Without any polemic, it appears that the Academy fuselage is not so accurate as the Tamiya's one. This is why I found myself some work to make new shapes. We can see here below the differences when it is positionned on the fuselage. So, we have some stuff for the coming days!

Tamiya canopy is on the left

dsc03352h.jpg

dsc03353l.jpg

dsc03354e.jpg

dsc03355u.jpg

Eric

Edited by Eric F

So why not just use the tamiya one??

Amazing detail work btw

Simply because I'm doing a twin seater and Tamiya is a single seater. So adapting the Academy seams easier to me than scratch building a new one from the Tamiya canopy.

Eric

Simply because I'm doing a twin seater and Tamiya is a single seater. So adapting the Academy seams easier to me than scratch building a new one from the Tamiya canopy.

Eric

Oh yeah forgot about that part. those wheel wells hypnotized me

OK I know the routine Coat, hat, door... :unsure:

I started to design a new shape on the Academy canopy as explain before.

After some putty and polishing the surfaces, I going to start to scratch built the inside.

dsc03357id.jpg

dsc03356a.jpg

dsc03359a.jpg

You can notice that the clear part is narrower on Academy compared to Tamiya. Here we have to make some compromise...

dsc03358h.jpg

Bye

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Hi,

Starting to scratch built the cockpit this week end. Don't worry, I did not changed my mind. I'm actually making a DJ model. On the pics below, it looks to be a D model but it is due to the way I took to make the dorsal spine later. In fact it appeared that the one from Academy does not fit to the Tamiya fuselage scribing. So...I decided to add some weeks more to built my scale model! The dorsal spine will be scratch built as well. The objectives are to do everything inside the tub, even what it is hidden below the canas floor covers. The canopy, the Ejection seats will be removable as well as the canvas floor covers.

Let's start with the first pics of this new phase.

dsc03395t.jpg

dsc03397w.jpg

dsc03396v.jpg

More to come soon

Eric

Hey,

First, thanks again for your support. it's very kind of you.

I'm back this week end with a small update. After analysis, I've fond a particular shape on the aft bulkhead and consequently on the canopy. This is the small triangular plasticard insert we can see on the dark green Academy part. Thank you Archer to help me with the rivets! They are from the N-Scale sheet.

Some rivets are still missing, particularly along the curve line. But the transferts are quite difficult to be positionned without any fold. I have to work on it.

dsc03402b.jpg

dsc03405b.jpg

dsc03403n.jpg

dsc03404rp.jpg

Thanks to all to follow my long stuff.

Eric

Edited by Eric F

Updates are coming back!

After a long time spent to analize the pictures, I resume my cockpit built. the main elements of the frame are set. I'll continue by detailing the structure and by positioning the side walls. They will help me next to set the side panels.

dsc03450j.jpg

To save my Archer decal sheet, I set only the visible rivets.

dsc03454fm.jpg

Bye

Eric