OMG !!!!

This is FANTASTIC and truly SUPERBLY weathered..

I LOVE the tiny details..Like the gun with the bullets.

each intricate detail is STUNNING.Impressive looking moss and boulders too..NICE touch !!!

HOLMES :smiley-whacky084:

Holmes and ChernayaAkula, Thank you for the positive comments and your interest in my work. You guys made my week here after the effects of hurricane Irene left us without power for a few days. I'am working on a M-113 ACAV with the complete eduard pe sets and scratchbuilding,I'll post some pictures of her soon.

Steve

GREAT WORK STEVE!!!

My Dad was a crew member in one of these at Normandy and I'd LOVE to build one. Did you take any progress pix?

How about some painting and weathering tips???

Again SUPER JOB!!! STUNNING!!!

Cheers

Keith :jaw-dropping:

Wow, Steve- that's a great build- cheers! I'm impressed with your work on all that brass- I've seen the set and it's a butt-load of work. Quick question- where did you get your signs? Thanks- and again, great work!

chuk

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00275-1.jpg

DSC00278-1.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Thanks all, unfortunately this was done two years ago and I lost the progress pic's. The weathering is done with a mix of oil paints and acrylic paint combined with MIG pigments. The signs are good old Verlinden printed signs. It was a labor of love yes and that brass was really hard to work with but the Lion Roar kit was stunning. The tracks are from the kit. I had one G.I. in the back, he isn't in any pictures except this none.The driver is a heavily converted Tamiya figure with a Hornet head.

Edited by stevenichols
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...