F-14B "Santa Cat" 1:48 HobbyBoss

Great work! Where did you buy/how did you make the carrier deck base? It looks really nice! Also what decals did you use? My only critique would be the exhaust color is too gold. The GE engines are usually more of a dull silver color. Model Master Metalizer "Burnt Metal" is the best match IMO.

Where did you buy/how did you make the carrier deck base? It looks really nice! Also what decals did you use?

I buy carrier deck here -> http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=SW-48016 , so, is good price ;)

My only critique would be the exhaust color is too gold. The GE engines are usually more of a dull silver color. Model Master Metalizer "Burnt Metal" is the best match IMO

;) yes i know, in true GE-110 have silver/titan color but, to a large sun, have a golden color, it can be seen by most popular images. ;)

Edited by Przemek

VERY nice job overall, but I have a few critiques if you don't mind. Nothing against yor construction (which is superb)just a few accuracy issues with the markings which could have been an issue with the kit instructions.

1. The nose numbers are set to high. The 3 should literally be sitting just above the forward slime light, as shown here.

MVC-031S.jpg

2. You have the names on the canopy rails in the wrong spots. CDR Williams name should be the pilot, and CDR Roll should be the RIO. Grip is a pilot in real life and Tootsie is a RIO as pictured above.

Again, really great job!!

Edited by VFA-103guy

Awesome build dude. This is great reference stuff as I have just got this kit for xmas. Great job also to those who added the critique. So rare to get that when photos are posted up in these forums. Looking at this kit in the box appears to blow the socks off the Hasegawa kits.

• 4 months later...

First of all congratulations on your beautiful Cat, it looks awesome !!

As you already know, HB wings include several diagonal (ugly) rivets that do not exist on Tomcat´s wings and they are not present on your model. My question is ….did you sand them off or did you use another brand kit wings? If so which ones did you use? Thanks

First of all congratulations on your beautiful Cat, it looks awesome !!

As you already know, HB wings include several diagonal (ugly) rivets that do not exist on Tomcat´s wings and they are not present on your model. My question is ….did you sand them off or did you use another brand kit wings? If so which ones did you use? Thanks

Welcome.

First, I apologize for my tardiness, but do not reach me notifications of replies.

Secondly I used the original wings, all unnecessary lines and rivets are over treated,

Similarly, horizontal stabilizers, because in reality there are no line.

• 1 month later...