Kinetic 1/48 A-6E Intruder

The split canopy and windscreen are a bummer. Monogram/Revell managed to do both in one piece. Maybe splitting them gives a more accurate shape, but at a price.

Yeah, same thoughts here. From what I can see from the sprue shots, I like the TRAM turret molded in the stowed position as well as the activated position. The glare shield appears more accurate than the Revell kit and flatter (which it should be). I have one on order so I'll wait and see what parts look useable. :whistle:

I just compared the fuselage of the Kinetic A-6E with that of the Monogram/Revell kit, and they are similar in length and frontal view. The Kinetic fuselage appears to be a fraction deeper, especially in the nose area.

Kinetic has used a couple of sprues from the Prowler kit which makes sense. The wings appear to be the same though, which means either the Prowler or the Intruder wings are not completely correct. Not wure which ones though.

Overall it looks like a very nice kit. Some details could have been better, e.g. the rudder line, but that's nothing a modeller can't fix. At least it has got recessed panel lines (and hopefully better fit than the Monogram/Revell kit). It would have been nice if the intakes were deeper, but the good thing is that the DMold intakes for the Prowler will most likely fit this kit too.

Jens

I just compared the fuselage of the Kinetic A-6E with that of the Monogram/Revell kit, and they are similar in length and frontal view. The Kinetic fuselage appears to be a fraction deeper, especially in the nose area.

Kinetic has used a couple of sprues from the Prowler kit which makes sense. The wings appear to be the same though, which means either the Prowler or the Intruder wings are not completely correct. Not wure which ones though.

Overall it looks like a very nice kit. Some details could have been better, e.g. the rudder line, but that's nothing a modeller can't fix. At least it has got recessed panel lines (and hopefully better fit than the Monogram/Revell kit). It would have been nice if the intakes were deeper, but the good thing is that the DMold intakes for the Prowler will most likely fit this kit too.

Jens

Thanks for the comparison Jens..

I sent Gordon at Sprue some A-6 intakes. There are some minor differences from the EA version.

Cheers,

Harold

Could you see if the wing thickness has been corrected at the trailing edge?

Wing

The Prowler kit had VERY thick wing trailing edges that were also too rounded.

I just thought that if they fixed the wing fence, they would also fix the trailing edge.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

The fairing near the top of the tail is too big on the new kit. The Revell version looks more like the real thing. Seems like an odd mistake to make, since it's so easily measurable in real life.

Rich

The Monogram fairing actually looks a bit too small to me, so I think the truth is inbetween. At least it is easier to remove plastic than to add it. :)

Jens

Let's see if I read this correctly one could with the use of decals backdate this kit to the pre TPS days of Gull gray over white for instance with the proper markings you could easily do one as an A-6C...as the outward appearance varies very little if any. I would love to do one with a loadout such as the one the lone intuder had in "Flight of the intruder" when they attacked "Sam City".

Let's see if I read this correctly one could with the use of decals backdate this kit to the pre TPS days of Gull gray over white for instance with the proper markings you could easily do one as an A-6C...as the outward appearance varies very little if any. I would love to do one with a loadout such as the one the lone intuder had in "Flight of the intruder" when they attacked "Sam City".

I don't think so. From what I've gathered, the Kinetic kit represents a SWIP bird which is circa ODS and beyond.

Mark