Hey, that's an original* script! It took me all of 20 mins to write that which, I'm assured, is a WHOLE 7 MINUTES longer than the script for Red Dawn 2012 took.

Vince

*Well, as original as any Hollywood script nowadays...

Remember, the original red dawn had a downer ending. probably the first thing they changed. they have to win now duh!!

Stopped rooting for underdog in 2001 :whistle:

Red Dawn 2012 = loser of a movie without even seeing it. Let's see, they could of had hundreds of thousands of Chinese invading the U.S., but wait, we don't want to offend the Chinese. Trade balance and all of that. As to the N. Koreans, how many have died simply because their government can't feed the people? And how are the N. Koreans getting here? Fleets of ocean going tuna boats or what ever they use to fish with in the sea? Wait, I know---they'll sneak in across the border like the 11 million illegal aliens who already live here. And we won't notice they are carrying guns---lots and lots of guns. And ammo. And tanks. And etc. Hopefully this movie was made using digital cameras because I sure hate to think some poor dinosaur died in vain so regular film could be made.

new trailer is out

looks cool

It looks cheap to me. I'm not talking about plot or actors, it's just poor production value all around, even CG'd An-12s look like they could be made way better while still on the budget. They should try using high quality scale models and then add them to actual skies shot with post processing-Alien was done that way and it still looks great for 1979 flick.

My biggest complaint about remake and original is why would an aggressor, knowing this will quickly spill into global war, initiate invasion in rural Midwest, instead of going after strategic targets like nuclear missile sites, or financial capital or major port on either cost or highways?

It looks cheap to me. I'm not talking about plot or actors, it's just poor production value all around, even CG'd An-12s look like they could be made way better while still on the budget. They should try using high quality scale models and then add them to actual skies shot with post processing-Alien was done that way and it still looks great for 1979 flick.

My biggest complaint about remake and original is why would an aggressor, knowing this will quickly spill into global war, initiate invasion in rural Midwest, instead of going after strategic targets like nuclear missile sites, or financial capital or major port on either cost or highways?

In the original one they did go after strategic targets first. They just don't show it in the film. Also the new one doesn't take place in the midwest. It takes place in the Pacific Northwest.

It takes place in the Pacific Northwest.

Probably a lot of hipsters Ironically cooperating with the North Koreans.

The demographics are fun to play with US in bold:

Conscription 17 years of age

Available for

military service

6,515,279 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.),

6,418,693 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.)

73,270,043 males, age 18–49 (2010 est.),

71,941,969 females, age 18–49 (2010 est.)

Fit for

military service

4,836,567 males, age 17-49 (2010 est.),

5,230,137 females, age 17-49 (2010 est.)

60,620,143 males, age 18–49 (2010 est.),

59,401,941 females, age 18–49 (2010 est.)

Reaching military

age annually 207,737 males (2010 est.),

204,553 females (2010 est.)

2,161,727 males (2010 est.),

2,055,685 females (2010 est.)

Active personnel 1,106,000 (ranked 4th)[2] (2010)

Reserve personnel 8,200,000 (2010) (ranked 2nd)

1,456,862[2] (ranked 2nd)

1,458,500[3] (ranked 7th)

Budget

$5-10 billion

Percent of GDP ~25.0%

$549.4 billion

Percent of GDP 4.9% (2011 est.)

And the Americans aren't even counting their deadliest high school aged, football themed, warfighters.

How can a nation with a population of twenty-five million people, many of whom are practically starving, overwhelm a country with a population of three hundred million, most of whom are well-fed, or more than well-fed? It reminds me of the Bible's Book of Genesis, and the Pharaoh's dream about the seven skinny cows that came out of the river and devoured the seven fat kine that had been grazing on the riverbank.

It's the I-5 corridor. We need to seal it, to prevent the infection from spreading from the areas of Seattle through Portland, and to prevent even more spores of Californication from infesting from the south. We'll have to nuke the place from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

Probably a lot of hipsters Ironically cooperating with the North Koreans.

Up until they hit the Cascade mountains, then it becomes a long-range shooting gallery and we have the high ground. By the way, how is the cooperation of hipsters going to result in any perceived benefit?

How can a nation with a population of twenty-five million people, many of whom are practically starving, overwhelm a country with a population of three hundred million, most of whom are well-fed, or more than well-fed?

Hard to wage a war of maneuver when your ranks are filled with slow-movers.

Edited by Horrido

It's the I-5 corridor. We need to seal it, to prevent the infection from spreading from the areas of Seattle through Portland, and to prevent even more spores of Californication from infesting from the south. We'll have to nuke the place from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.

Up until they hit the Cascade mountains, then it becomes a long-range shooting gallery and we have the high ground. By the way, how is the cooperation of hipsters going to result in any perceived benefit?

Hard to wage a war of maneuver when your ranks are filled with slow-movers.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh that is great. Also you have to remember the Hipsters won't cross the Cascades. Their Volkswagen westfalia vans will all overheat and breakdown on the way hehe Besides Hipsters are easily dealt with

hipster.jpg

Edited by nerdling

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh that is great. Also you have to remember the Hipsters won't cross the Cascades. Their Volkswagen westfalia vans will all overheat and breakdown on the way hehe Besides Hipsters are easily dealt with

hipster.jpg

Excessive, don't you think? A better engineered trap/poisoned bait would be an I am a spammer, please report this post. and non-organic iced tea with "non" in non-organic blacked out.

Apparently name of apple's latest portable telecommunications device is totally taboo here.

Edited by K-5

Apparently name of apple's latest portable telecommunications device is totally taboo here.

Yup, i-pad, i-pod and all that happy stuff set off warning flags and all sorts of stuff......