Other than that, why not?

$10.50 is why not. I'm finished with movie theatres unless it's the blockbuster of the century. The extra 50c they've tacked on in the past three months (on top of the last 50c increase about six months prior to that) was the tipping point that I knew would come someday. $10 was ridiculous, but $10.50 for a basic movie ticket is just dumb. If I was getting a 5% raise every three to six months it'd be one thing...

$10.50 is why not. I'm finished with movie theatres unless it's the blockbuster of the century. The extra 50c they've tacked on in the past three months (on top of the last 50c increase about six months prior to that) was the tipping point that I knew would come someday. $10 was ridiculous, but $10.50 for a basic movie ticket is just dumb. If I was getting a 5% raise every three to six months it'd be one thing...

The $10.50 is for the early Sunday showing, try to go any other time and you end up paying $12.50. No, don't think so. I gave up going to the movies once it started costing my wife and I $50.00 just to see a movie. I have a big flat screen in my living room, I can wait till it comes out on Pay Per View for $3.99 and enjoy it on my couch in comfort.

The preview of the movie looked good, I will watch it for sure.

Robert

don't forget the snack bar assault...I took my 6-year old to see the latest Muppet movie a while back. By the time the two of us got tickets and the 'value' snack and drink pack, my wallet was $40 lighter. AND the kid fell asleep during the movie.

On the topic though, sounds interesting. I watched the original Red Dawn figuring it was going to be cheesey but entertaining, and I was not disappointed.

-Mike

The big studios have become so risk averse they only produce remakes and comic book hero flicks now.

Obviously this one was in part inspired by all the recent 'Arab springs' (4 X 4s turned into 'technicals', urban guerilla), i can imagine the CEO's and writers meetings... 'Let's update it, lets add cellphones and computer hacking and so on into the story to attract the new audience.

Whatever...

If this one is about the Chinese, or even the Russians invading the USA today, it is even more ludicrous than the Cold War era original.

Though if you did put your brain on park for a minute and just let yourself be carried by the action, i liked the acting and setting of the original older movie, in the wilderness.

Stephane

Stratosphere Models

Edited by Stratospheremodels

Stupid movie. Ridiculous premise/scenario. :rolleyes:

Like the Russians would ever have the capability to invade the U.S. under ANY circumstances! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Even more ridiculous that the North Koreans could do it!! :rofl: Hmmm. A country of 30 mil vs 300 mil. Impovershed. 20year old weaponry. Plausable. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was a idiotic premise in the '80s and it is more so now. :rolleyes:

I guess Hollywood can't come up with anything original and is constantly remaking old movies. :wacko:

I guess if an idiot like Kim Kardashian can become a millionaire in this culture, anything is possible.

Edited by mike_espo

this would have been more plausible if they where involving the Chinese...

...but it wouldn't be plausible that much either as china needs big customers to sustain their economy...

i think there is no way now i can enjoy such "whateverness" now i'm a grown up...

i miss those old days i was 10 years old and could believe invaders propaganda... and movies that come with...

Stupid movie. Ridiculous premise/scenario. :rolleyes:

Like the Russians would ever have the capability to invade the U.S. under ANY circumstances! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Even more ridiculous that the North Koreans could do it!! :rofl: Hmmm. A country of 30 mil vs 300 mil. Impovershed. 20year old weaponry. Plausable. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was a idiotic premise in the '80s and it is more so now. :rolleyes:

The original movie was every teabagger's wet dream. I can see why it's being remade.

puke!

Sounds like they mixed the game Home Front with a little Red Dawn to try and bring in the old fans of the original Red Dawn.

I will not waste my money.

Mike

The same writer worked on all three stories ...

-Gregg

I didn't say I couldn't wait for the $1 movie theater. :D

Guessing I won't have to wait long :rofl: