RV Aircraft 1/72 MiG-21 Fishbed family

I'll get at least one kit... more if I don't see weird things in the accuracy department. I'd love a MiG-21 UPG "Bison". I'm sure that RV will do one (they did a What-If MiG-23 boxing after all).

I'll get at least one kit... more if I don't see weird things in the accuracy department. I'd love a MiG-21 UPG "Bison". I'm sure that RV will do one (they did a What-If MiG-23 boxing after all).

The Bison is cool, I would love to see a Romanian Lancer!:woot.gif:

The Bison is cool, I would love to see a Romanian Lancer!:woot.gif:

Which is a modified MF, no? Then maybe only decals will be needed if you see the MFN boxart...

This version looks to be nicer to me then the firstly anounced SMT

Me happy :)

Greetings

The MFN boxart looks a bit weird in several places but it's what's in the box that matters. If the part next to the right "bis wing" (top right in 5th photo) is the nose cone, I find the shape a bit surprising. Maybe it's only because we're used to see only the dielectric cone ?

Really gotta doing the whole family?(PF/PFM/MF/Bis/SMT)

I don't remember reading that 2nd generation MiG-21s (PF, FL, PFS, PFM) were planned... but they'd be most welcome (we have only the Bilek and Innex kits).

No. It's a modified MiG-21bis.

Fiddler probably was talking about the LanceR ?

Edited by Laurent

Release date?

Really gotta doing the whole family?(PF/PFM/MF/Bis/SMT)

The analog and the E-166 may be cooler.

Cheers

The MiG-21I 'Analog' is certainly a MiG-21.......

day4_055.JPG

.... but the E-166 isn't... (yes, I know its a E-152M in disguise - but it still isn't a MiG-21)....

day06_049.jpg

OK - a MiG-21 on steroids :woot.gif:

Ken

MF plus decals alone aren't enough, I'm afraid! :crying2:

No need to cry at this moment: the LanceR has not even been announced AFAIK. If RV will do LanceRs (which is likely), they'll probably provide additional resin parts.

I don't remember reading that 2nd generation MiG-21s (PF, FL, PFS, PFM) were planned... but they'd be most welcome (we have only the Bilek and Innex kits).

How about the Zvezda PFM?

ZV7202.jpg

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks, Laurent for the heads up!

My whining wasn't related to RV actually - I would be pleasantly surprised if they'd ever offer a dedicated LanceR boxing - but to previous efforts by Parcmodels and KP who just included some [oversized, IMHO for KP] Romanian markings in one of their boxings and called it a day.

Let's wait and see :)

interesting, very interesting!!!

are they doing the hole MiG-21 family? (later versions)

Cheers,

Mikkel

I know SMT/MF will be next month and Czech MFN soon.

They talking about producing full Fishbed family including some prototypes and chinese variants.

Photographed sprue is from unfinished mould. Some errors are visible and parts aren't polished.

They talking about producing full Fishbed family including some prototypes and chinese variants.

Photographed sprue is from unfinished mould. Some errors are visible and parts aren't polished.

I do hope that is the case, some double delta J/F-7s would put me over the moon.

How about the Zvezda PFM?

ZV7202.jpg

Well yes it's a 2nd gen Fishbed but I'd prefer a recent kit that offers the possibility to do other versions and that doesn't need to rework the nose.

but to previous efforts by Parcmodels

Ah yes. The Condor MiG-21bis with MiG-21-93 antennastumble.gif

and KP who just included some [oversized, IMHO for KP] Romanian markings in one of their boxings and called it a day.

Yes again. The KP kit need a replacement.

Interesting!!! I would be all over a F-7II from Namibia!!! :woot.gif:

I would be all over a F-7II from Namibia!!! :woot.gif:

Given the cost of the kit and the fine surface detailing, I'd rather do a non-camouflaged plane. The Namibian camo would go on a Trumpeter/HB kit (when it comes up).

I like the way they have dealt with the main undercarriage bays. Why didnt any other manufacturer think of this before? Anyway it is an excellent idea to provide it this way. Also the two versions of the wing, both with the oval fuel tank inspection panels on top and without them for the later versions like the MiG-21 bis. WOW they also got the name right for the bis, and write it as it should be: MiG-21 bis!!!

One would have to see the kit and compare it to the original aircrafts measurements. In the past I was not convinced by the RV scale drawings accuracy. At a first glance they look very "detailed" but in reality most of it is fiction. It shows well on the family of MiG-23 kits, lots of mistakes both major and minor. Still untill we see the plastic lets not make any judgeents about the new kit. Just hope that it will be around (at least something of it and not only a box art) for the Plastic Zima show in Bratislava in two weeks time.

Best regards

Gabor

at least something of it and not only a box art) for the Plastic Zima show in Bratislava in two weeks time

The boxarts make me nervous more than anything else. If the fuselage parts are presented at Plastic Zima, please tell us about it.

Edited by Laurent