The irony here is I actually considered buying a mug or t-shirt, just because the whole idea is so silly. Would be quite the collector's item/conversation piece! Only problem - that would be encouraging this kind of idiocy.

ALF

The irony here is I actually considered buying a mug or t-shirt, just because the whole idea is so silly. Would be quite the collector's item/conversation piece! Only problem - that would be encouraging this kind of idiocy.

ALF

I'm sure they will be "deep discount" before you know it

Its all in good fun

There are a couple of 1/72 kits out there. Italeri/Testors and Dragon/DML both did 1/72 kits. Neither is in production any longer and they both command decent prices on eBay. I am of the opinion that the Italeri kit is a little better but they both have some redeeming qualities.

I just saw this in the Jet Modeling section:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=260345

I'm sure they will be "deep discount" before you know it

Its all in good fun

Actually, here's what will happen with Arrow II t-shirt prices:

1. You have to commit to order 85 of them - can't have just one

2. Your pre-order deposit will be $2 - giving you the right to order them

3. Shortly before you give them the rest of the money, you get informed that the maintenance costs for the special t-shirt materials is 5 times the price of the t-shirt, spread over 40 years

4. Your wife goes ballistic at your choice of t-shirt, saying her cousin made tie-dyed tees in the 70s that were better - and she insists you invest in one of those.

5. You end up ordering a tie-dyed t-shirt from her cousin, who has forgotten how to do it, makes you a tee that a hippy would be ashamed of, and your wife refuses to let you wear it.

6. You go without a t-shirt, and get arrested for trying to buy a burger at McDonald's without a shirt.

7. You realize this whole thing was a mistake.

ALF

Actually, here's what will happen with Arrow II t-shirt prices:

1. You have to commit to order 85 of them - can't have just one

2. Your pre-order deposit will be $2 - giving you the right to order them

3. Shortly before you give them the rest of the money, you get informed that the maintenance costs for the special t-shirt materials is 5 times the price of the t-shirt, spread over 40 years

4. Your wife goes ballistic at your choice of t-shirt, saying her cousin made tie-dyed tees in the 70s that were better - and she insists you invest in one of those.

5. You end up ordering a tie-dyed t-shirt from her cousin, who has forgotten how to do it, makes you a tee that a hippy would be ashamed of, and your wife refuses to let you wear it.

6. You go without a t-shirt, and get arrested for trying to buy a burger at McDonald's without a shirt.

7. You realize this whole thing was a mistake.

ALF

You know, I heard the Swedes make a T-shirt that looks 10 times better at 1/10th the price... and in traditional swedish fashion, you can sew it yourself if you want (why let the professionals do it when you can do it yourself!)

Why didn't you buy them?

Edited by -Neu-

You know, I heard the Swedes make a T-shirt that looks 10 times better at 1/10th the price. Why didn't you buy them?

Really!?

Parliamentary inquiry! Stat!

Let's review the whole t-shirt buying process...

But the Swedish t-shirt isn't made in Canada... maybe we can duplicate it for half price? Repatriate all those textile jobs that went to China and Mexico?

ALF

The Swedish T-shirt is still too small to cover all of you, and is still only single-stitching when people are demanding double-stitching to limit wardrobe malfunctions, even though modern single-stitching rarely, if ever, fails. That being said, you can still wash a Swedish T-shirt in the washing machines that you have, rather than going to the cleaners for a different wash method that you must use for the other T-shirt.

:D, Seeing as Australia and Canada are close in many ways why don't we collabarate on both the Arrow II/Boomerang II aircraft and the Arrow II/Boomerang II t-shirt projects. I'm sure that together we could show them all how to do it right first time around. :o :lol: In the last ten years there have been 2 clothing factories within 20 miles of my house (one very large factory within five miles, that one was a major Aussie manufacturer) that have closed up shop and transferred to China and another one just last year that was about 30 miles away.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Just the way to get ridicule respect: insist on a bizarre pronunciation for a commonly-used term. Here in Canada, we bought some surplus A-310s when an airline needed bailing out of financial trouble. We were told to call them the CC-150 Polaris; I always just called it the Airbus.

Do you remember the name the plane contest we had for it? I was so hoping I would win it!

I submitted 013A Subria.

I thought it had a nice ring to it. :)/>

Edited by Scooby

ALF

This sounds just like Peter Zuuring's dream of building an airworthy full scale CF-105 Arrow by selling t-shirts, prints and books. His replica Arrow was to be ready for it's first flight in 2008. Guess he was a good con man since I haven't seen it yet. He did produce some good books eventhough most of the pictures were grainy blowups from the National archives.

You know, I heard the Swedes make a T-shirt that looks 10 times better at 1/10th the price... and in traditional swedish fashion, you can sew it yourself if you want (why let the professionals do it when you can do it yourself!)

Do they provide the thread and needle with those Swedish T-shirts? Also do they come with weird unpronouncable names too?

:D/>, Seeing as Australia and Canada are close in many ways why don't we collabarate on both the Arrow II/Boomerang II aircraft and the Arrow II/Boomerang II t-shirt projects. I'm sure that together we could show them all how to do it right first time around. :o/> :lol:/> In the last ten years there have been 2 clothing factories within 20 miles of my house (one very large factory within five miles, that one was a major Aussie manufacturer) that have closed up shop and transferred to China and another one just last year that was about 30 miles away.

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

In the past didn't Canada and Australia want to form an economic union similar to the EU and the Euro currency? Also wasn't this deep six'd because the UK threatened to kick both countries out of the commonwealth on the basis that the Canada and Australia union would be an extremely strong economic union within the commonwealth. Your proposed collabration would be nice but I think the UK would intervene again saying that this Australian-Canadain aerospace union would be too competitive for any aerospace industry in the commonwealth.

On your point about those textile factories, I've also seen many hi-tech manufacturers leave for the fertile grounds of China and other cheap labour countries with lax regulations and laws. Globalization needs a new spin just like downsizing / layoffs was spun into the new catchphrase "rightsizing".

In the past didn't Canada and Australia want to form an economic union similar to the EU and the Euro currency? Also wasn't this deep six'd because the UK threatened to kick both countries out of the commonwealth on the basis that the Canada and Australia union would be an extremely strong economic union within the commonwealth. Your proposed collabration would be nice but I think the UK would intervene again saying that this Australian-Canadain aerospace union would be too competitive for any aerospace industry in the commonwealth.

Bah, so then just add the UK (and NZ) in, and no worries... :D

Then we'd have the Arrow II/Boomerang II/TSR.2 II!

Edited by Litvyak

The Swedish T-shirt is still too small to cover all of you, and is still only single-stitching when people are demanding double-stitching to limit wardrobe malfunctions, even though modern single-stitching rarely, if ever, fails. That being said, you can still wash a Swedish T-shirt in the washing machines that you have, rather than going to the cleaners for a different wash method that you must use for the other T-shirt.

YOU DONT GET IT! Obviously anything made by Sweden is implicitly BETTER than anything the United States... particularly when they spend 1/100 less on T-shirts than the Americans spend. EVERYTHING else you said about Swedish T-shirts is SLANDER AND PROPAGANDA created to destroy their proud T-shirt manufacturing industry. As I said before, ten times the capability at 1/10th the cost. Those are FACTS.

Shame on you Horrido. You're a cog in the global tshirt hegemony.

Edited by -Neu-

:D/>, Good idea Litvyak! :P/> If the Brits accepted the invitation it could well produce a powerful block. The populations of Canada, Australia and New Zealand pretty well equal that of the UK. With David Cameron's announcement this last week it might even be possible sometime in the future. That's all I'll say on that subject to appease and avoid falling foul of the P-word police. :o/> :lol:. I think we should have that GB to see what our members come up with and their ideas on what the design might look like, sort of a wiff GB.

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Hey Guys..... Someone has to say it.

Remember those Used T-Shirts with no sleeves we bought from the UK. They were pretty much boxed up right after they were made. Can't smoke wearing them, Stitching comes apart when they go anywhere near water. The fit is Horrendous and spend more money putting patches on them than they are worth.

:rofl:

Emil

You guys killed me with the T-shirt stuff!! rofl.gif

TT, this is extremely serious. I don't think ANYBODY wants to see Canadians wandering around without shirts!

That's the declaration on my other T-shirt.

YOU DONT GET IT! Obviously anything made by Sweden is implicitly BETTER than anything the United States... particularly when they spend 1/100 less on T-shirts than the Americans spend. EVERYTHING else you said about Swedish T-shirts is SLANDER AND PROPAGANDA created to destroy their proud T-shirt manufacturing industry. As I said before, ten times the capability at 1/10th the cost. Those are FACTS.

The other thing you forget to mention about this particular T shirt is its only really good for wearing around your house, no one can really take it out in to public... Its kind of a neutral color for neutral people. Plus the thread and other parts come from the USA. Other than that 100 percent Sweden.

Hey Guys..... Someone has to say it.

Remember those Used T-Shirts with no sleeves we bought from the UK. They were pretty much boxed up right after they were made. Can't smoke wearing them, Stitching comes apart when they go anywhere near water. The fit is Horrendous and spend more money putting patches on them than they are worth.

:rofl:/>

Emil

:rofl: Emil that's so classic! Those UK T-shirts wouldn't happen to be called Upholder. Strange name cuz they keep falling off my torso! To void the negative publicity in Canada, they renamed them Victoria :lol:.

:rofl:/> Emil that's so classic! Those UK T-shirts wouldn't happen to be called Upholder. Strange name cuz they keep falling off my torso! To void the negative publicity in Canada, they renamed them Victoria :lol:/>.

Not to be confused at anytime with Victoria's Secret Underwear.... This is another Victoria's Secret. :rofl: