New F-15 from Eduard

And the 318th was never based at Castle. They (Eduard) may have worked off of pics taken there, but they were based at McChord AFB, Washington.

Aaron

They had a detachment at Castle.

We only sent our MISIPed jets to the shield, thus rainbow squadron although us in the 71st worked 94th and 27th jets.

I hope they are not using the Academy kit, like putting lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig!

Add their SU-27 reboxing to the "lipstick on a pig" category. Squadron and Sprue Bros. can't give those over priced pigs away.

If this kit were available for $60 I would buy it. $80 or $100 is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for the Academy kit.

Aaron

I would rather get the Italeri kit with all the additional parts, at least the has a better and more accurate outline.

Would probably buy the kit for cheap , keep the detail stuff and decals an throw out the kit.

The instruction sheet is now up on the Eduard site,looks like the weapons sprues for the E/I/K are included but not for use.Brassin seat,wheels and exhaust nozzles.

Stephen

Being an owner of two Eduard's (Kinetic) F-16s And knowing that the Brassin sets simply do not fit each other (engine parts) and the kits parts I would not buy the F-15 kit from Eduard.

I ended up paying extra for Aires exhaust set while waiting for replacement from Eduard.

So... If I were to build an Academy F-15c i would buy it in Academy box and choose aftermarket parts from various companies.

Just my two cents

Sergey

The instruction sheet is now up on the Eduard site,looks like the weapons sprues for the E/I/K are included but not for use.Brassin seat,wheels and exhaust nozzles.

Stephen

That stuff comes in the Academy MSIP II boxing.

If I were to build an Academy F-15c i would buy it in Academy box and choose aftermarket parts from various companies.

Just my two cents

Sergey

Only one aircraft on their decal sheet is an UpToDate Aircraft anyway. No need for the Academy MSIP II boxing for the other aircraft.

Their proof reading and who ever does their research/history sucks.

Otis AFB is in MA "Massachusetts" Not MT "Montana"

When they are writing of the Bitberg bird, they have three aircraft screwed up. The Decals should be for F-15A 75-0053 Not 76-0053, The bird that ended up with the 58th Fighter Squad was F-15C 79-0053, Base is Eglin AFB Not Nellis AFB.

Edited by Wayne S

So what does the collective think the best F-15A/C is in any scale?

I'm particularly interested on how the 1/32 Tamiya kit ranks

All have their problems, most more then less.

The Tamiya 1/32 F-15C is moulded from their E model moulds. So you have quite a few accuracy problems.

Revells 1/32 is got a few problems as well but is closer to a C model in accuracy but build ability is lacking inch behind the Tamiya offering.

In 1/48 for outline accuracy, Monograms older kit is the best, for build ability Hasegawa's offering is the best.

Academy's sucks in the accuracy dept but is cheaper then the Hasegawa kit.

Italeri's suffer the same vice as Tamiya's 1/32 offering, E model molds but lacks detail, decals for the cockpit?

Italeri's is a nice kit but would take allot of after market to bring it up to standards.

This is my run down, hope it helps....,

Cheers

Dave Whalen