• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I ended up with motogondola

The first thing to be done is to restore the panel line as the line of those who were in the basic set is not very accurate.

9739686.jpg

(it's not my foto)))

For this I used the drawings of the aircraft B-1B and a little correct it as in this foto

9739894.jpg

9739845.jpg

9739869.jpg

but if you pay attention to the bow of the motogondola, too, there is no power lines and had to be recovered for that, I cross-checked DACO book)

I checked with pictures from the Internet. The next challenge was to make the hatch because it is not present in the base set.

9739895.jpg

9739897.jpg

9740005.jpg

And turning edge

9739954.jpg

9739977.jpg

9740103.jpg

Then make rivets. Next, pre-shaiding, filters e.t.c so to be continiume....................

Best regards Alex :coolio:/>

Edited by black_widow

Hi all

A little update for today

I tryed to use the Tamiya Panel Line Accent Colors for washes before painting and the reasons why i used it becouse:Flawed panel lines will show up.Poor sanding will appear rough.Putty and CA glue flaws will show up.Seam gaps will show up.The dark color will fill the depression before paint fills it up, making a stronger impression after painting.(Thank you for your idea Chuck))))

BEFORE

9752237.jpg

AFTER

9752247.jpg

Best regards Alex :coolio:

• 4 months later...

Hi all and merry xmass

A little bit about my progress in B-1B

I complited with stabs, bomb bay dopors, momotogondolas, wings in progress now

gIbdWLHU-lQl8YzERPzVN58wKudo393ZAzjp3jQi

q72DJpvkMY_TMdizqhz4nHOWm0CfNA7d-pRSinRW

Mu45HN-WFGvKkxUcb8O_OK4O2ARZkGOo_htBPVNA

4K5jzV3SP6Er3_w4m6opsKVtzSB-F1OmgzTER0nc

Left wing flap housing is in progress. I made solid ribs. Now I'll start the same work on right wing. After that I'll make skids for flap extension (it'll be the same for both sides) and after that flaps, aelerions and hydraulics. This will finish flap side of wings And I'll can start work on front side of wings.

FJzwMyvxjhzy4wdZDwtU3hXZpTUQkVRs-3WKU8yJ

bMzPXtG6chCY46K7s45zcqWEvQsBDxz6sm32krYi

lulhY74X5efCh52OunToTazSRBohUKqGDLEOw1wu

jG1QK8BsjPCEeJOX-ov0hR-NAm_7ggyfmQWxCi0X

Edited by black_widow
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a little bit question :unsure:

I have two aftermarket nozzles: 1) from Eduardand 2) from Barracuda and I'm a little confused which is better ?

Looking at the Eduard nozzle, they need solder to put the parts together and they are not very detailed but the inside diameter looks to be more correct than the nozzles from Barracuda.

Fnco3V883KLgBnEYdWpwMwn-9lntut5aBI4546yI

For the Barracuda nozzles they don't need solder and they are more detailed but I'm not sure about the inside diameter.

I mean about these lines (pointed at by the black arrows)

bSojHftYldd8JiJhNBXgom9IOjRuL1JSEO2qdo3K

JfbYAQo8jb24VmpMWVPmrBpbfL7BPjBxxzkyQ2bX

If look at those areas in a real photo, you can see that those areas have a narrow spot(pointed at by the red arrows) IMHO.

Yt9ERIsGjFqlyejyVaWCthL98oiZ8U9sP20h6Dm5

Edited by black_widow

WOW, this Bones is really starting to take shape. I built one of these about 10 years ago and the difference between mine and yours is like that of an adult to a child. You are rocking this, cant wait to see more, keep it up!

I believe thw difference in inner diameter is due to the barracuda nozzles being partially contracted while the eduard PE-nozzles and the ones in your photos look like they are fully opened.

WOW, this Bones is really starting to take shape. I built one of these about 10 years ago and the difference between mine and yours is like that of an adult to a child. You are rocking this, cant wait to see more, keep it up!

thanks man :rolleyes:

I believe thw difference in inner diameter is due to the barracuda nozzles being partially contracted while the eduard PE-nozzles and the ones in your photos look like they are fully opened.

Nozzles have variable diameter. They could be closed or opened. Eduard nozzle is in fully opened position and barracuda in semi-opened position. Is this semi-opened position correct then B-1B stay in ground ?

Nozzles have variable diameter. They could be closed or opened. Eduard nozzle is in fully opened position and barracuda in semi-opened position. Is this semi-opened position correct then B-1B stay in ground ?

I thought you was asking which one was correct, and I mean that they both are, since it is variable. But what is correct on the ground I can´t say for sure, since I am in no way a BONE expert. But until we get one to answer I dare a semi-educated guess.

A quick google turned up images of slightly closed nozzles, so I guess the nozzle does on the B-1 as on many other combat aircraft, change when the hydraulic (or rather fueldraulic) pressure changes after shutdown.

I for one will use the Barracuda nozzles on mine. I have them and I have the eduard set. Rather than go insane I take the easy way out :-)

On 1/23/2016 at 3:11 AM, otis252 said:

Great build thread. Can you post a picture of both the Barracuda and the Eduard 'burners together to see the difference in opening size? Thanks.

Chuck

Thans man, of course i can

1) Eduard nozzle

Fnco3V883KLgBnEYdWpwMwn-9lntut5aBI4546yI

2) Barracuda nozzle

bSojHftYldd8JiJhNBXgom9IOjRuL1JSEO2qdo3K

and one photo (looks like nozzle then B-1B stay on the ground had position semi-opened) if so closely look on this nozzle IMHO

Cok_Zja194UMROwLxd6AU5x5cBj7s-Fy4IL3S3nr

Edited by black_widow

I've never seen a B-1 parked on the ground with the nozzles in anything other then what you pictured in your third picture above when shut down. I am not a B-1 expert but I have been around the test jets a fair amount. The Eduard set is defiantly not correct for a powered off aircraft. I would use the resin nozzles....

• 2 months later...