RC-135 "Incident"...

RT is no worse than FOX News, MSNBC, CNN, and in Canada Global, Sun News, CTV News and even CBC news, along with any other western MSM. Hell, even once vaunted BBC has sunk to the pits of propaganda. Josef Goebbels would only wish to have such propaganda powers back then.

Anyone, repeat anyone who gets their news (HAH!) info via most any main stream media is being deluded into thinking they are getting straight facts. Lets not even add the trollop of crap from your own govts. and their mouth pieces. ALL ARE BULLSHITTERS!

One has to dig much deeper, get and hear from all many sources beginning from the shlock of MSM to more off beaten info to be able to get any semblance of credible info to make better opinions from.

Try listening to this podcast folks. The "No Agenda Show". They have no agenda and are not funded by any corporate sponsors and do not answer to any corporate suits. They only ask for donations by what they like to call their producers. Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak will not only entertain you but will dig out news and share their views on all sorts of news. At minimum they may have you THINK! which is more than any of the main stream media do. MSM today would not know real journalism and news gathering to save their collective lives. Hacks, and sell outs for the most part.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

One has to dig much deeper, get and hear from all many sources beginning from the shlock of MSM to more off beaten info to be able to get any semblance of credible info to make better opinions from.

I stand by my comments on The Onion.

Iron_Man_2008_Tony_Stark_Booze.jpg

Edited by Tony Stark

RT is no worse than FOX News, MSNBC, CNN, and in Canada Global, Sun News, CTV News and even CBC news, d news gathering to save their collective lives. Hacks, and sell outs for the most part.

Actually, RT is worse. The other sources you mention suck but RT is a direct organ of the ruling power in their home country. They spew out what they are told by their national leadership, nothing else. If you feel otherwise, you are sadly mistaken.

I agree that one needs to find news sources from non-mainstream organizations and then form their own conclusions but regardless, try to keep it real regarding RT.

The Onion would actually be a better use of my time.

rofl.gifrofl.gif

"I believe I speak for the entire human race when I say, 'Holy fawk,'" said Oceanographic Institute director Dr. James Aoki, noting that the dolphin has a cranial capacity 40 percent greater than that of humans. "That's it for us monkeys."

Use RT as you would anything else.

You can not follow any of the new media whole hearted without question.

I have many friends who live in both places, in Krimea and Kiev, Donetsk, Luhansk... I lived in Donetsk for a while, and stayed in Krimea and to be told that you must not speak in a language that people have spoken in for all of their lives isnt right, just because some people in power want to move closer to EU membership.

Of course being from the UK as I am and knowing UA and RU as I do I can see that UA isnt ready for EU membership, they are many many years away from being ready and yet the government still pushes headlong into membership like it will happen in only a couple of years time.

The people who can see it get derision and hate and even worse for it, and then when lives are lost and they fight back it is their fault!

Russia moved to protect its own people who were and still are in a dangerous position in Ukraine.

Anybody with first hand experience tell me I am wrong about the problem? because to be quite honest from what I hear from friends and see on news channels like CNN, SKY, BBC they are reporting two different events.

• 2 weeks later...

Another US patrol plane in what is reported by the fair and balanced folks as a pretty hairy near miss.

USN P-8 vrs PLAAF Su-27. Su formatted within 50' of the P-8 and proceeded to do a barrel role over the USN aircraft.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/22/chinese-jet-threatened-us-intelligence-aircraft/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

I'm sure that if this resulted in a mid-air, the Chinese would say it was the other way around. USN P-8 aggressively did a barrel role around their peacefully flying Su-27, similar to what they claimed about the EP-3.

At some point, things will get ugly if this stuff continues.

Unfortunatly not.

They would have to look back at what has actually happened before it got even close

Take a look at some of the RT footage in Krimea in the months before the UA election and in Western RU after it.

Drop it, dude.

You're getting into politics.

ALF out

There is a political reason to all of it once you dig down a little bit ALF.

Especially a subject like this

Correct.

Precisely why it is not within the policies of ARC discussion boards to dig down that far. There are plenty of internet sites where you can chat all day about the situation in Eastern Europe... just not here, please.

ALF

Correct.

Precisely why it is not within the policies of ARC discussion boards to dig down that far. There are plenty of internet sites where you can chat all day about the situation in Eastern Europe... just not here, please.

ALF

4690924_l1.jpg

Emergency everyone to get from thread

Yes I think you are right.

We should discuss the flying prowess of the RC-135 pilots only

After all they managed to out run and out maneuver a Flanker that was clearly out to shoot down the defenseless plane that was only there for humanitarian or other benign reasons.

Kudos to the pilots who violated international law, and crossed into sovrign territory without permission so as to add another layer of protection to their already faultless flying, the use of the threat of escalation from shooting down a spy plane to shooting down a spy plane in a 3rd party country saved lives.

Maybe next time they will not need to rely on the skill of the pilots to evade an interceptor...

However I think this will all blow over now that Americans have another problem, the death of James Foley will take the spotlight off the situation in Ukraine.

Makes me wonder what will happen next to bring the problems to the spotlight.

who violated international law,

Oh, the horror!

and crossed into sovrign territory without permission so as to add another layer of protection to their already faultless flying, the use of the threat of escalation from shooting down a spy plane to shooting down a spy plane in a 3rd party country saved lives.

W/O permission? I wouldn't be so certain about that. What you read in the news and what agreements nations have for such instances and what is really allowed is two different things. But by all means, make an informed decision based off the facts as you know it.

However I think this will all blow over now that Americans have another problem, the death of James Foley will take the spotlight off the situation in Ukraine.

Makes me wonder what will happen next to bring the problems to the spotlight.

99% of America doesn't know or care about what a RC-135 does, where it goes, or what happened. A little more than that can tell you about another European problem...the Ukraine. And to toss out a ball park figure I'd say a 1/4 or so can tell you that ISIL is beheading, crucifying, raping, and torturing people in Syria and Iraq. The Western world, not only America has a serious problem with what happened to James Foley and what will happen to the other hostages from other nations to include your own.

For your situational awareness, what ISIL is doing isn’t a “spotlight” issue for America it’s a world problem with all major players trying to figure out how to contain and now destroy this threat. You can hear the war drums in the distance, I don’t know what that means to you, but for some of us it means to hurry up and take those family vacations and start the decision making process because we have some grown men she-it to do.

Edited by fulcrum1

Oh, the horror!

W/O permission? I wouldn't be so certain about that. What you read in the news and what agreements nations have for such instances and what is really allowed is two different things. But by all means, make an informed decision based off the facts as you know it.

99% of America doesn't know or care about what a RC-135 does, where it goes, or what happened. A little more than that can tell you about another European problem...the Ukraine. And to toss out a ball park figure I'd say a 1/4 or so can tell you that ISIL is beheading, crucifying, raping, and torturing people in Syria and Iraq. The Western world, not only America has a serious problem with what happened to James Foley and what will happen to the other hostages from other nations to include your own.

For your situational awareness, what ISIL is doing isn’t a “spotlight” issue for America it’s a world problem with all major players trying to figure out how to contain and now destroy this threat. You can hear the war drums in the distance, I don’t know what that means to you, but for some of us it means to hurry up and take those family vacations and start the decision making process because we have some grown men she-it to do.

It does not surprise me that most Americans do not know what is done in their name, it doesnt surprise me that they wouldnt care either.

Im glad you said that, much more than you would imagine.

Because the way you see the situation in Syria people see in Eastern Europe.

But of course because it is not the western powers doing their "grown men she-it" it must be wrong.

"Protecting the people you said you would protect from a group that has since come into power."

Am I talking about Syria or Ukraine? because to me it covers both.

The western powers will again go and kill some people in the name of saving lives, they will protect those people who can not protect themselves from the aggressors, and after its all done they will tell Russia it should do what they themselves have just done, because they did it for the greater good of.... who exactly? because when its all done and dusted most of them on both sides will be dead or in a worse position now than before. just like that last time, and the time before and the time before that.

Might as well just kill them all move your own people in with a set of values that you do approve of and maybe then you will get a situation in the region that you do want,

Maybe it is Check Six.

Maybe I see things going on in the world around us with eyes that are not one sided any more.

You see heros?

IMHO; We, the West's leaders (U.S., U.K.), have been greatly infected with a disease I call 'Neville Chamberlain Appeasement-itis'.

There's a serious threat to Western civilization that's about to take over Iraq and Syria.

Besides the tons of weapons that were captured, they just ransacked an Iraqi bank to the tune of close to a half a billion dollars.

Your country is specifically in danger because there's a large enough population of these fanatics.

Just like WWII, nothing will happen until a great loss of life occurs.

At least Hitler and Tojo was sneaky about it until it was too late. The current threat is blatant and proclaims loud and clear what it wants to do and what it's going to do.

Are you saying you're understanding/seeing the views of this new threat?

Another US patrol plane in what is reported by the fair and balanced folks as a pretty hairy near miss.

USN P-8 vrs PLAAF Su-27. Su formatted within 50' of the P-8 and proceeded to do a barrel role over the USN aircraft.

http://www.foxnews.c...itics+-+Text%29

I'm sure that if this resulted in a mid-air, the Chinese would say it was the other way around. USN P-8 aggressively did a barrel role around their peacefully flying Su-27, similar to what they claimed about the EP-3.

At some point, things will get ugly if this stuff continues.

Yeah; I read about that last week.

What's interesting to me is the fact that the P-8 is operational and in the fleet.

I thought it was still in it's certification of operations/qualifications, or whatever it's called, before a new a/c platform joins the fleet.

Now I know.

Maybe it is Check Six.

Maybe I see things going on in the world around us with eyes that are not one sided any more.

You see heros?

I see someone who is as brainwashed and ignorant of the world (maybe more so) than the 'mericuns he has been slagging. Sucking up the news from a government controlled organ like RT doesn't make you a scholar in world affairs, anymore than someone over here who depends on Fox for their sole news source (and unfortunately there are plenty of folks in that category).

Save the holier than thou attitude and save your political rants. When the bombs go off in the west (as they inevitably will), the odds are that they will unfortunately be in your country first. At that time, report back to us on how the entire ISIS threat was overblown and exaggerated for political reasons.

Interesting and absolutely terrifying fact - there are more British Muslims fighting for ISIS than there are in the entire British armed forces.

Yeah; I read about that last week.

What's interesting to me is the fact that the P-8 is operational and in the fleet.

I thought it was still in it's certification of operations/qualifications, or whatever it's called, before a new a/c platform joins the fleet.

Now I know.

It's been deployed operationally for some time. Still in the process of being upgraded to full capability (which will take a few more years). Hard to get a handle on where it currently stands. Some stuff I've read states that it's not even close to the level of the latest P-3's, other articles indicate that it has already surpassed them.