GWH 1/48 scale F-15C

It looks excellent Joel. Are you happy with your photos this time? I know you had said before that you were not happy with some of the progress pics. I enjoyed your WIP a lot and took away some good ideas of yours. Thanks for sharing!

-Mark

It looks excellent Joel. Are you happy with your photos this time? I know you had said before that you were not happy with some of the progress pics. I enjoyed your WIP a lot and took away some good ideas of yours. Thanks for sharing!

-Mark

Mark,

I'm a lot happier with the pictures this time. I've gone to a 2 light setup. I really could use a 3 light setup and a soft fill light to control the shadows behind the model.

So glad that you enjoyed my WIP blog. I really enjoy sharing my work and ideas with others. I honestly feel that I end up getting more then I give.

The members of ARC are just the best.

Joel

Joel,

Been following your build with much interest over the past few months. She looks awesome! The finish is superb. One thing I'd really like to point out as loving is the way you have positioned the canopy in a semi open state. Most of the time I position my canopies in a closed position as I like the lines of the aircraft and an open canopy sort of wrecks it for me. Only problem is you hide all the nice work you did on the IP, seats etc. Your positioning is a really nice compromise.

Once again, well done! Look forward to your next build. :thumbsup:

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Hot demn! really great build, old man :D/>/>

Janne,

Wow, I actually impressed you!! Wonders will never cease to amaze me.

The F-15C build was actually conceived while we were discussing the pluses and minuses of the Hasegawa kit vs the new GWH kit. You went with the Hasegawa kit, and I went with the GWH kit. Seems to me that your build was truly outstanding in it's own right. Now you're into the Viggen build, and I'm heading back to WW11 with Eduard's Limited editions Jugs over Italy boxing. The kit with all the PE and resin is most impressive. Should prove to be a outstanding build with a NMF

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Joel - great job as always!

John,

thanks so much for stopping by, and liking my most modest efforts. Are you just about set with the attic to start building again? Which kit are you planning on building?

Joel

Joel -

I am actually starting out small with an Italeri 1/72 MB.339 I've been doing over on Britmodeller - let me know what you think. Next after that is completing a Flanker from last summer

John,

Nice to see you're back at the bench. Why not do a cross blog here? I'm not even a member of Britmodeller. Not much time for more then ARC and Aeroscale, which was a natural from my days on Armorama.

And yeah, the MB.339 is pretty small, but size doesn't count, or so I've been told. :whistle:/>

Joel

John,

Nice to see you're back at the bench. Why not do a cross blog here? I'm not even a member of Britmodeller. Not much time for more then ARC and Aeroscale, which was a natural from my days on Armorama.

And yeah, the MB.339 is pretty small, but size doesn't count, or so I've been told. :whistle:/>/>

Joel

That's what they claim. I may copy some of the work over here since the BM folks don't follow much unless your posts are pithy and contain lots of obscure references.

Joel,

Been following your build with much interest over the past few months. She looks awesome! The finish is superb. One thing I'd really like to point out as loving is the way you have positioned the canopy in a semi open state. Most of the time I position my canopies in a closed position as I like the lines of the aircraft and an open canopy sort of wrecks it for me. Only problem is you hide all the nice work you did on the IP, seats etc. Your positioning is a really nice compromise.

Once again, well done! Look forward to your next build. :thumbsup:/>

Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to follow my build. I'm glade that you like what I've accomplished. I actually needed to replace the canopy piston as I managed to break it after dropping the canopy on my workbench. I made the piston a little smaller and liked the way the it looked, so I kept it that way. I really didn't think that anyone would notice the slight difference in height.

Joel

• 2 months later...

Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to follow my build. I'm glade that you like what I've accomplished. I actually needed to replace the canopy piston as I managed to break it after dropping the canopy on my workbench. I made the piston a little smaller and liked the way the it looked, so I kept it that way. I really didn't think that anyone would notice the slight difference in height.

Joel

Great work Joel.

I noticed the difference immediately on the canopy height, I have banged my head far too many times on a canopy that wasn't opened all the way. It hurts. Anyone getting into that jet would have to squeeze into it.

Awesome build though!