Modelsvit 1/72 Be-12 Mail

I cant figure it out if those Azerbaijani examples were left overs, non flayble examples from Soviet times, left to rotten at Baku, at least according to excessive damage to the hull and wings on the aircraft or regular Azerbaijani AF examples.

I'll add set of all board numbers in yellow and red colours, so you can make almost any of Be-12s.

There are quite a few changes to make a Be-12P - 'bomb bay' water doors, retractable scoops and overflow outlets in the fuselage.

There are some photos of the Be-12P wot I took at Gelendzhik in 2002 here.

Ken

Thanks Andrey and Ken!

So, riddle with Azerbaijani Be-12 is resolved. Regarding Azerbaijani Beriev story goes like this:

- Upon breaking of USSR in 1992, Soviet Navy had 4 x Be-12 stationed at Kala AFB.

- 4 of them were inherited Azerbaijan, Numbers red №30,№31,№32 и №33, of which red 32 was taken by Ukraine because at the moment of brake up of USSR was at overhaul at Crimea

5189824538_506e6701f3_b_zpsmezafysw.jpg

Be-12%20Kala%20AFB%201992_zpstziucnwm.jpg

• 1 month later...

I cant figure it out if those Azerbaijani examples were left overs, non flayble examples from Soviet times, left to rotten at Baku, at least according to excessive damage to the hull and wings on the aircraft or regular Azerbaijani AF examples.

Looks like a mix, two of those look worn but flyable (and have aired up tires, indicating at least some maintenance) but one appears to have had a very bad day and been left to rot (see flat tires and the hull & wing damage)

• 2 months later...

And the Oscsar decal goes to Jennings Heilig....

Please PM you postal adress and i'll send you firs examplar of Be-12 decal - you are realy good man, i wanna make something good to you.

Edited by kotey