Considering how much the kit fights you back the outcome until now is great.

I was really thinking about adding this kit into my collection when it came out but after seeing that everyone has severe problems during the build I finally decided not to get one. Really a shame for such a new kit.

Don't give up... :thumbsup:

Cheers

Markus

Thanks...I am ...really happy with the "paint". When the model is ready I'll (try) to take some proper photos. It really worked the mix of Alcland with gunze, giving tat metal shine to the "skin".

Ouch!!! So who says modelling is an harmless hobby?

Don't give up, the kit looks stunning. Just make sure that you still have all your fingers when the build is finished. :lol:

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by Shorty84

I just need some...opinions...suggestions now! What do you think would be a standard/common operational payload for the F-35C. I like my models to look like "Bombtrucks", but...first of all, I want them to look realistic!

Hey Zark! Not an expert by any means but, a loadout that the current hornets use would be a good starting point I should think. The "C" model, for my understansing would be operated by NAVY/MARINES? I would guess as a good place to start. I am not sure if there are any new weapos designed specifically for the F-35 to use. Hope that helps a little.

-Mark

JDAMS and GBU-12's! Oh my! (Wizard of OZ reference!) Haha. :woot.gif: No objections here but, I would add some AIM-9X's or perhaps some AMRAAM's or both. I should think it would have a pair or two pair of AA missiles for defense but, if configured for a CAS mission with little to no air opposition.... the current load out is plausible I would think.

-Mark

"Wizard of Oz"...that made me laugh,great comment taggor! Actualy, there is a gbu-12 on the left and a gbu-16 on the right. Of course I am going to add A2A weapons..."stay tuned"!

...added the lifting mechanism at the front of the canopy that was missing...

P1010087.jpg

image hosting 5mb

...and here is the trolley ... the "mechanism" for lifting the Lgb ( the white string is going to be painted metal)...and the associate "mechanism" needed to lift the bomb on the pylon...

P1010082.jpg

gif hosting

EOTS windows look pretty clear. I believe the door for the boarding ladder can open farther, but with the fit issues you have been listing it might be hard to do without smashing it into the nose gear door. Good job on the canopy handles. Were they PE?

Aggressor01, thanks for your comments. The door...I checked the net and I have seen it "wide" open..."half" open and in many different angles. PE are the handles given with the kit, and a pain in the you know where to fitt them properly!

Thanks Niko!

Ya' know. long time ago I decided to "convert/bash" the Italeri prototype F-35 into an F-35C. I REALLY wanted one on my display shelves. Used the gear and tailhook from an A-6, surgically straightened the engine,folded wing tips, etc. etc. I was really excited when the KH F-35C became available, the only reason I don't have it yet is because I am forcing myself to finish my F-111C "pig" first.

:blink: However, watching your struggle with this kit... I'm starting to think my hellish conversion/bash F-35C was less hassle!! Why is it so difficult for some companies to create proper instructions??! I wish some of them would just contract out the instructions job to Tamiya or something. Now I can't decide what to do about the F-35C... wait until someone else releases one and hope it's better? At the rate I am going on the "pig" that might happen before I finish that thing.

Thank you for your progress pics and review and commentary! Please continue!

Edited by Clumber

Clumber...first of all thank you for your kind comments. Now...I seldom find a kit that doesnt cause me a headache, but consider that, my modeling skills are not "top" range,so I have to live with this and I just try ...my best!