Phantom Under The Skin

Here is a photo of s/n 01510 with a uniquely painted tail fin. The photo is taken in one of the photo sessions where the F-4E Phantom Under the Skin material was collected...

IMG_8257_Low_zpsgnkkrkht.jpg

A bit of history re the 338 squadron's moto: where was the phrase "H ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ" used from?

Edited by Ilias

Well done!

That is what the mothers of the ancient Spartan warriors used to say when their sons left for battle to face the barbarians. You either come back winner with your shield or upon it dead. It actually notes the strong will of the Spartans to fight for freedom.

Wasn’t that on the nose gear door? If I remember right there was one more next to it but I could be wrong. Did lots of photogrphy of F-4's back in late 1970's to early 90's.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
I already have all the photos I need for the Mirage 2000 Under The Skin covering both Mirage 2000C/E and "dash 5".

Can you please elaborate a bit, if possible, Yannis?

Which version/country, exactly?

French C really?

Greek EG, that's for sure.

And both -5?

Hi Antoine,

The book will cover the Mirage 2000 in Hellenic Air Force service but it will be useful to all Mirage fans around the world. The differences between the Mirage 2000 serving around the globe are scarce found mainly on the color of the camo with the exemption of the Mirage 2000D and N.

It will cover Mirage 2000EGM/GBM and Mirage 2000-5Mk2. So all the weapons available will be displayed!