Ehi buddy,

unfortunately I don't receive nothing...

About the Shahak,I love it,a clean,sharp job!

Bravo!

Gianni

Thx for your kindly words....Yes that mirage really had a-a victories but i did not have all-around pics about the camo from that period... and I wanted a silver arrow in my collection... but I never again turn for the matchbox two-seater mirage.... waiting for the RV or collecting money for the High Planes one....

About the mailing failure..... Maybe you should have to do an gmail adress... or i really do not know what could be the problem because i did not get any warning about the mail was failed.... in PM please send me again your address and try to send it again.... may i made a typo? (but in this case i think the delivery would be failure...)

Best regards Polo ;)/>

Edited by mirage@enthusiast
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi people,

I will show you the actual progress of my Fresco.

I glued the windshield and modified the plates around it.

lKqTrH.jpg[/url][/img]

I scratched and painted the area in the rear of the canopy and some canopy details ( still unfinished).

Zln0np.jpg[/url][/img]

m8nqS3.jpg[/url][/img]

I painted also the turtle deck and ,take advantage of some Vallejo Aluminium in the airbrus,sprayed the air intake too search problem,but I don't noticed anything of catastrophic...few!!!

59pAgI.jpg[/url][/img]

rpItxq.jpg[/url][/img]

Gabor sent me four(!) set of external fuel tanks from the Eduard kit,and I painted the parts with a combination of Alclad Dark and Polished Aluminium (sorry for the dust!).

E9p5is.jpg[/url][/img]

And finally hit the model with some Alclad primer!

As the pics show,I glued in place the pitot tubes and the cannon barrels.

1JK5Yo.jpg[/url][/img]

xrIutl.jpg[/url][/img]

The primer did its job,revealing only minor issue ,the more "prominent" was a little seam on the forward belly area,indicated by the arrow,but quickly solve with Tamyia putty.

fmD4i2.jpg[/url][/img]

ksybZ4.jpg[/url][/img]

That's all for today.

Now I need to sand/polish the primer to obtain the best surfaces as possible and start with the paint! :banana:/>/>

:banana:/>/>

Thanks all for watching,

Gianni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

My Fresco proceed slowly;taking advantage of some Alclad Aluminium in the airbrush,I paint the forward fuselage with the double purpose of check the surfaces and as base for the successive weathering.

8p3vcF.jpg[/url][/img]

But I've today completely free so in the morning I prepared the model for the camo scrapes with both salt and Maskol,and in the afternoon I applied some preshadows and now look this way.

EvPQ6X.jpg[/url][/img]

ByHpo3.jpg[/url][/img]

RrS27P.jpg[/url][/img]

But now I'm slightly doubtful about the paint:I choose Fresco No. 2072 of the 921st Fighter Regiment in the so-called "snake camo" of black green with spot in sand.

The PrintScale sheet stated that only the lower wings was in Sky.

I don't find any useful references,so if someone can help me will be great!

Thanks all for stop by,

Gianni

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all my friends.

With the Peten finished,I can now focus completely to my Mig.Honestly,since my last post I worked daily,in a way or another,on the model.

I painted the wheel hub;the details,after a wash,pop-out very nicely.I admit that Eduard made a great job !

I also added some tyre detail to the kit NLG wheel.

Oscmfr.jpg[/url][/img]

Now,do you remember that in my last post I asked some help for the color to use under the wings?

Well,I navigated the net up and down,read various source,but look like if confusio reign about this particular.

In fact,someone indicate the color used on the undersurfaces of wings and tailplanes was a simple light grey(!) or even the Russian light blue...So,more confused that before,Ideveloped a my idea:the planes was delivered to the VNAf in natural metal and the various camo schemes was apllied ,on the "field" by the Vietnamese.So,why do not left the NMF to these surfaces?

So I sprayed some Tamiya X-1 Black,with its semigloss finish as base for the NMF.

qA5bLX.jpg[/url][/img]

But before start polishing the paint,I discovered bad seams under the wing tips ( damned AZ designers,why separate the kit parts in a way that don't match the panel lines!!!!!???).

Here one of the incriminated seam.

kTKFmy.jpg[/url][/img]

So with the help of ethanol and Q-tips I removed the paint from the wings,puttied and sanded'em.

Repeated the process of Alclad primer,polishing the surfaces and Tamiya Black.All look ok and I airbrushed the Alclad Aluminium.Beautiful result!

But,wait,again the same seam,but only under the left tip this time.AAAAgggh!

G1ATx8.jpg[/url][/img]

Remember of a similar problem on the beautiful Chuck' Mustang,I sanded down 'till the Alclad polishing rag #12000,repainted only the damaged panels with Black,again polished with the Alclad polishing rags,some Aluminiom and victory!

More relaxed for the recovery,using post-it as mask,I differentiated the various panels with Duraluminium,Semimatt Aluminium and Dark Aluminim,all Alclad of course.

wpU8hh.jpg[/url][/img]

qMtRRg.jpg[/url][/img]

fYMTV3.jpg[/url][/img]

I'm glad with the result!

Now ,between today and tomorrow,I can airbrush some Aquagloss to seal the metals,mask wings and tailplanes and start the camo on the upper surfaces!

As always thanks for stop by and feel free of comment and criticism.

Cheers,

Gianni

Edited by kurnass77

I discovered bad seams under the wing tips ( damned AZ designers,why separate the kit parts in a way that don't match the panel lines!!!!!???).

There is a simple reason for having the joint line „away” from panel lines.

When the panel line is identical with the part joint line and if the fit of the parts is not 100% then you need to sand it down, fill and rescribe the whole thing. Where you have filler, plastic glue or superglue “traces” as a base for scribing the panel lines some problems could be encountered.

When the joint line is not the same as the panel lines it is fairly simple to get rid of any fit issues with glue some filler and sanding. In the process you don’t damage the delicate panel lines or if you do mess up some of them rescribing is still done on a pure plastic surface! This is very important! I think.

The new Zvezda MiG-29 kit has exactly this in the nose area on cockpit sides and it is a perfect design idea!

Going back to your MiG, it looks excellent and the choice of metal is perfect.

Best regards

Gabor

Mmmmhhh,

probably you're right about the basic idea of the joint in a model,depicted in this way is more logical.But this can work with producer like Zvezda with good fit;when you have bad fit like in this model,the extensive use of filler ( any kind) and sanding compromise anyway the panel lines,but is probably that my less than satisfactory skills play an important role in this...

Thanks for your word about the build,is more important for me the criticism of people more expert of me in the subject,after all this's my first MiG!

Ok,lst night I airbrushed the sand color,following Printscale indications;I replaced the Humbrol H-63 with the corrispective Tamiya XF-59.

Now,during my research about the subject,I discovered this interpretation of my subject,showing more interesting variation respect to the decal sheet scheme so I decided to follow this example and now I will start mix the color for the lighter shade of green.

Again thanks for all,see you soon with some progress!

Cheers,

Gianni

Gianni,

Boy did you make a lot of progress since I last checked in. the primer coat followed by the black gloss coat, both polished out gave you an absolutely smooth surface for the Alcad Metalizers. As for you underside Alcad finish. The base Aluminum with the various panels in different shades came out perfectly. The overall effect is quite convincing.

Joel

Hei Joel,

thanks for your kindness,despite not perfect I confess you to be quite satisfact with the metals,especially after my past experience with NMF birds...

I applied the camo basic colors,some pics.

NSZAfz.jpg[/url][/img]

H4I3Mj.jpg[/url][/img]

GEuU1Q.jpg[/url][/img]

Now I need to start with some postshading and the weathering.

Thanks for watch,

Gianni

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,almost a month passed from my last update,but like any summer,I started work 12/13 hours at day,so find some free time is a challenge,with the addition of very hot temperature.

But now the camo is done,and

a tedious seam under the left wing that returned time after time is now fixed,so here how the model look actually!

rQ5Mi0.jpg[/url][/img]

QBPupU.jpg[/url][/img]

BMqhoB.jpg[/url][/img]

A close-up of the chipped paint in the nose area.

pgRuBS.jpg[/url][/img]

Honestly,I'm not 100% satisfied with the paint,but I had to work with few references,so after all ...

As always thanks for stop by,

Gianni

Good day all and thanks for your appreciations guys,very welcomed!

I finished to apply the decals,and is ridicoulous that for a such few markings I used so much time,but with no spare time to devolve to the build I think is normal...

The decalling don't present any problems and to minimize the silvering I cut even the nose numbers individually in order to remove as much clear film is possible.

uMaJwh.jpg[/url][/img]

nV1lW6.jpg[/url][/img]

wYsxgk.jpg[/url][/img]

A pair of close-up.

nBrJ2A.jpg[/url][/img]

Now,after another layer of clear,I can start with the final weathering;thanks for all the support guys,see you soon!

Gianni

• 2 months later...

HI guys,

long time passed from my last post.

During the forum move,I managed to finish the model,but look like if I added less ballast than requested on the nose so I finished with have a tail sitter....

To remedy the problem I glued the MiG on a piece of mirror,at least now sitting correctely!

Here some pics,better ones in the display case in the next days!

RyWF3U.jpg

ySC4Sz.jpg

i9jbS4.jpg

A pair of close up,one of the air intake trunk,made of all my headeches...

aYuS0S.jpg

lbxXo9.jpg

See you soon guys,

Thanks for watch,

Gianni