Great Navy Hornet (and others) Weathering Ref Shot

5 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Great photos Bryan and Dave ..! :clap2:

-Gregg

Thanks Gregg!

I have a whole lot more, but I've been working on an article for the Phantom II, F4H-1, 4A, 4B, 4J/s, 4C, 4D, 4E/G, Brit and German birds along with a few others.... 

This was kicked off by the F-4B shots with Mk.H5 and Mk.H7 seats.  I've been wanting to do it, but it is a bit of a mess with all the major and sub variants.  I have far more information on the Navy/USN seats than I do the Air Force seats timeline wise.

The thread I'm using for Jet Bang Seats is:  Jet AC ejection seats - Jet Modeling - ARC Discussion Forums (arcforums.com)

Regards,

Bryan

On 3/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, Rob Mignard said:

I was flying with the 1st Helicopter Squadron at Andrews from 78-82. I missed very few Saturday morning shoots on the Navy side. Great times!

Mig

Recognize anyone?

Bryan

NAS_Washington.jpg

Posted (edited)

240310-N-BR246-1144.JPG

Couple of things I see in this photo.

1.  Interesting paint on the "Fist of the Fleet" bird in the forefront.  Darker....bluer shade of grey?

2. Is that Growler packing a live AIM-120 pm the wing pylon?

Cheers

Collin

Edited by Collin

Bit of vintage paint. 

EA-6A 156981 VMAQ-2 USS Midway port call in Puson ROK, summer of 1978.  As I understand it this was a non-typical monotone grey paint scheme.

A group of us flew a UH-1H down from Taegu and landed at the Puson military compound.  Then we took a taxi over to the port.  I was flying with 377th Taegu DUSTOFF.  As we were touring the ship we talked to some of the Helo folks.  They flew us back to the beach in a SeaKing, or as they referred to it a "Seapig".  Always had a spot in my heart to the Midway.

One of the pilots was nice enough to give me a NATOPS manual on the SH-3, still have it.

Bryan

Bryan

EA-6A_156981_VMAQ-2_USS_Midway_Puson_1978_BryanWilburn_Sm.jpg

KC-130F 149808 "BOB" VMGR-252 NSA Glenview 2-12-1990

Bit more WX'ing on the backend of the bird than the front.

Nice clKC-130F_149808_BOB_VMGR-252_NSA_Glenview_2-12-1990_BryanWilburn.jpg.b395a0c5efa28f547ee403569da6d2a0.jpgean KC-130F with a little humor thrown in.

• 2 weeks later...