CD48223 - 1/48 F-111D Aardvark

• 2 weeks later...
  • KursadA changed the title to CD48223 - 1/48 F-111D Aardvark
15 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

Looks great, I'll buy in both 1/48 & 1/72.  I'm curious though about the odd number of TAC & ACC emblems....3 each?

Thanks for producing these-

Chris

OK, good point - I think it only ended up being like this because I wanted to provide four 27TFW badges; and only 10 of these badges would fit in that row. I guess the ACC version is only applicable to 68-0159 and 68-0180 in their later, overall FS36118 scheme though? This is still a draft and I can change the design a bit.

12 minutes ago, KursadA said:

OK, good point - I think it only ended up being like this because I wanted to provide four 27TFW badges; and only 10 of these badges would fit in that row. I guess the ACC version is only applicable to 68-0159 and 68-0180 in their later, overall FS36118 scheme though? This is still a draft and I can change the design a bit.

Possibly...I don't have good photos of either of those particular jets.  I think ACC emblems are appropriate for whichever jet is the 523 FS flagship, as they flew -111Ds on both sides of the TAC/ACC reorganization.

Chris

20 minutes ago, KursadA said:

ACC wasn’t founded until June 1st 92. So any subjects that are before that would have the TAC badge.  And even then they might have had the TAC after that date.  

11 hours ago, achterkirch said:

ACC wasn’t founded until June 1st 92. So any subjects that are before that would have the TAC badge.  And even then they might have had the TAC after that date.  

The original version of the ACC emblem had yellow lettering, making it difficult to tell in many photos if it's a holdover TAC emblem or the early ACC emblem.  I'd have to hunt for a clear photo illustrating this, but given the timeframe of the F-111D's retirement, perhaps consider taking the third TAC/ACC emblems and making those the early ACC version with yellow lettering.  That would result in pairs of TAC, ACC yellow, and ACC blue, covering all possibilities.

Chris

Edited by Gator52

Good idea - it will require me to renumber the elements and move things around a bit, which I was going to have to do anyway as I realized I forgot to add something. I will post a modified draft this coming weekend.

One other thought...can't quite make out the lettering on the wing emblems, but it would be good to have at least one 27 FW emblem (vice TFW) to correspond with the 522 FS & 523 FS flagship options.  27 TFW was redesignated 27 FW Oct 1, 1991, and the 522 & 523 TFS' were redesignated FS on Nov 1, 1991.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Gator52
On 4/12/2023 at 5:26 AM, Curt said:

I am committed to an F-111F so a full sheet of Fs is even better. One more reason to NOT try and track down the old Afterburner sheet.

Me also as I have the Hobby Boss F-111 E/F kit in hand and waiting to see which all gray jets will be on that sheet.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

On 4/11/2023 at 7:41 PM, KursadA said:

Folks, there are too many D and F's I would like to do, and I think two separate sheets (one for -D and one for -F) are needed here. I am a bit concerned about having too many F-111 sheets (I have done the -A, -E, EF-111A, and two different FB-111A sheets so far!) ; but you seem to have liked what I have done so far and I hope you will buy these, too.

The -D sheet will be coming first, with the -F coming soon afterwards. 

Sorry Kursad but...now we need an F-111B sheet as well 😛

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

🤪

MB

24 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Hmm. May I suggest a "F-111 Early Years" sheet covering the YF-111A, F-111B and FB-111A prototypes, all int he LGG/White schemes.  What do you think Kursad?

Yes please !

because they make early intakes as well..😀

s-l500.jpg

MB

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Hmm. May I suggest a "F-111 Early Years" sheet covering the YF-111A, F-111B and FB-111A prototypes, all in the LGG/White schemes.  What do you think Kursad?

63-9763 was silver for the most part, so include this too and you have me hooked 🙂

• 5 months later...