Nose Weights: What do you use to secure them?

Oooh Tamiya putty bad.. in fact any solvent based putty will dissolve your plastic. Same goes for UHU 'all purpose adhesive'. White glue is completely safe, but has a long drying time. You could use any type of Blu-Tac but plasticine is even cheaper and also doesnt react with plastics. Also, don't forget double-sided tape. Save the epoxy putty for more worthwhile uses.

Just realised: What i know as 'plasticine' or modelling clay is a colourful slightly greasy substance that seems as reactive as wet bread. However there is another type of modelling clay (not to be confused with real pottery clay) that is meant to be baked in an oven once shaped. This product DOES affect plastic and its wrapping says so.

Depends on the type of weights I am using. If I am using bb's or lead shot pellets I mix up a small amount of shot into my epoxy mixture and put that in the nose. If I am using the old wheel/tire weights I get from my gas station, I just run a bead of thick CA donw the weight and glue it in place.

HTH

-Chris

Wedge a penny in were it doesnt move. Fishing weight with a couple dabs of white glue.

For real big ones, I use empty paint bottles secured in place with double sided tape and glue sprue around, or, use duct tape to keep it from rolling around.

Scrap pieces of wood secured the same way.

Whatever I use its cheap and does the trick.

Aint got no tail sitters on my shelfs. :thumbsup:

I have and do use 2 part 5 minute epoxy (very fast & strong) ,as well as C..

I`ve heard of silicone being used,but be warned. Any traces of silicone left on or smudged on surfaces to be painted will not allow paint to adhere(silicone infection)

Staw away from it.

Paul T

Remember KIS (Keep It Simple) I use led shot (buy in bulk, I got a pound of the stuff at Canadian Tire for $5.00), double-sided tape and Elmer's white glue.

I haven't used putty or model cement since I melted the nose of my Dash-8 back in '97 :wacko:

HTH