colargol Posted January 1 Share Posted January 1 (edited) Hello ! This is my first "real time" post. The new project I'm working on is a B-2A. It's been a long time since I want to build this aircraft (since the roll-out of the aircraft in fact ;)). I had started a Testor one in the past, but I stopped. Then Modelcollect produced a kit for the B-2A spirit at my favorite scale. It will be the basis of the building (and I expect to go up to the end this time even if it's a quite a challenge considering the quality of the Modelcollect kit). I begin with the cockpit which is quite wrong (as most of the kit in fact ...). I will have to move the position of the seats and the board of more or less 5 mm (red arrows), move the the access hatch to the exterior, remove some part of the intermediate wall (blue arrows), move the electrical cabinet to the interior (yellow arrow), remove the unexpected door (violet cross) and rebuild the electrical shelf (pink arrow) because the aft wall is not vertical on the aircraft. That's the plan ... This is the first step of building. The new access hatch is in place (white arrow) and the new electric cabinet and shelf too. The structure in black is made with Micromark decals. Following this, I begin to build the forward part of the cockpit. Some part are just positionned for the photo (blue arrow for example). Everything in place (dry fit) After trying several possibilities, I have chosen to use the kit ejection seats, but with modifications. For example, the green gaz bottle is on the right side of the seat (light green arrow), and not on the left side as on most of the ACES II seats. The B-2A seats are also equiped with armrests (red arrows). The floor of the cockpit has to be dug for the seat to be at the correct height in the cockpit (red arrows). The central console is also moved to the back to be at the right position (blue arrow). The board will be positionned thanks to a specific piece (pink arrow). The rudders are coming from the Eduard set for the Testor kit. Everything in place ... unfortunately, the seats were still too high ... I made some other changes to be conform to what I can understand from a recent video of a tour in a B-2A cockpit. The hole in the floor for the seat is deepened (red arrows) The sides of the cockpit have been modified to be flat and not curved as on the original kit (white arrows) and that is the upper part of the cockpit. The internal framing of the canopy are made with black styrene sheet pieces. It is a test on a spare canopy (I have two). I want to build a B-2A to the more recent standard so there is a kind of "ears" (pink arrow) this is the external view (the "ears" with red arrows, the inner frame of the canopy in blue arrows). I hope you'd like it (and sorry for my english) Colargol Edited January 1 by colargol Quote Link to post Share on other sites
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.