CD48233 - 1/48 F-104 "Test & Drone Zippers"

@KursadA,

After reading the description of this sheet on your website and considering the number and types of subjects covered, I guess that you could consider this as the "Starfighter Early Years" sheet. Or do you have that one on the back burner? 

Kind regards, 

Dutch 

I really did not intend to do an F-104 Early Years sheet, but you are right that this sheets covers a lot of what should be on it. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, KursadA said:

So - any thoughts? Who's building the first one?

Fantastic sheet!  Super excited to have it, but not sure when I’ll get to use it though.  I’m sure others will deliver fantastic models in those schemes shortly!

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

So - any thoughts? Who's building the first one?

Well I’m almost to paint with an AMT 1/72 QF-104A. Soooo…. shall we look for completion 2028/9?  

eye roll 

Rick L. 

Please excuse this little "cross-fertilisation" post, but I've just released my F-104A (Early) Backdate set for Kinetic which allows you to accurately build quite a few of the schemes on this nice sheet.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

On 12/27/2023 at 9:17 AM, KursadA said:

I am going to release a slightly reorganized and improved version of the CD48202 stenciling/national insignia sheet as a Basics item sometime in the next couple of months, so you can build multiple options from this and other F-104 sheets I offer.

Did this Basics sheet ever get released?  I don't see it on the website.

Also, wasn't someone working on an NF-104A conversion with the rocket motor etc?  I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere but I can't find it....

The F-104 Basics sheet is not yet ready - I will send this to be printed sometime in the summer.

Hypersonic Models is working on an NF-104A conversion - I am sure Jeffrey will let us know when it will be ready.

• 2 weeks later...