XB-70 AV-1 "VALKYRIE" - 1/72 - October 12, 1964 - Test flight No. 3 - 9:07 a.m. - USAF Edwards Base (California)

To fab-reims

I'm saying that I'm older now, the hands and eyes just aren't what they used to be. You didn't put me off the project, I just know that that level of work is beyond my level of ability these days. Just my way of saying how very much impressed I am with your work, especially on this project. As hard as I try, I just can't build the way I used to. 

Do as much as you can while you can. That's what I'll do.

Still... I love your depiction of this iconic aircraft.

Got right under it and took lots of pictures at the Museum of the United States Air Force. If you ever come to the US, go to Dayton, Okio and this museum. No picture can do enough to impress you as seeing it in person. Truly amazing sight! Moving to a better position for a good picture I bumped into the only YF-12A! What a wonderful day!

Looking forward to another of your creations. Hope to see one soon.

All the best,

DET1460

Superb work, you really pulled off a remarkable rendition of this iconic aircraft. Just fabulous, your attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing your work.

JB

On 10/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, Emvar said:

Great work! Detail is amazing. Do you have the progress pic of how you achieved the chipping?

in fact, the chipping was carried out with masking tape. more than 1600 elements drawn, cut out and glued one by one...
if you want, you can find the assembly and details on a parallel site:
https://www.laroyale-modelisme.net/t25940-na-xb-70-av-1-valkyrie-12-10-64-9h07-vol-n3-base-d-edwards-base-italeri-pe-1-72-de-fab-reims
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, AD-4N said:

The greatest masking job in the history of scale models.  I am speechless.  

thank you very much for the compliment...
In fact, it's just a lot of patience, a little madness...
On 10/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, RCNFAN said:

WOW, amazing work. What really caught my attention are the drag chutes, best I've seen done. 

with the parachutes, there was a lot of design work and this was, in my opinion, the simplest and most efficient way to make them.
I started with that.