Trumpeter 1/48 C-47 "42-24046" Complete!

Hi everyone!  My Trumpeter C-47 is finally complete.  See below link for the in progress thread:

All in all, it feels like I didn’t use about 1/3 of the parts in the kit due to them being inaccurate.  Even though it’s much newer than the Monogram/Revell offering, it’s probably less accurate, so it’s really a toss up as to which is better.  Although I’m happy with the result, I’m glad to have this project over with.   Just don’t ask me to build another 😝

After my last in-progress post, I added all the antennas and drain ports on the underside.  The antenna wiring under the nose was a real PITA to add, but I think it looks ok in the end.  The wiper blades and de-icer piping on the cockpit windows was made from stretched sprue.  It was also a nightmare to attach without damaging the clear windows.  I deliberately positioned the right and left wiper blades in different positions since they seem to usually be positioned that way in photos.

Anyway, on to the pics!

ABLVV85VN23QLiIQbZW4Dl3KMsSI8g8zEhfni_1T

ABLVV85ziWMnngFNGqOgIf3dXET7kXFGOMjDRGWC

ABLVV84EvQeg88-73FHTSm6hyKGnnBkpfsT-e0QJ

ABLVV84W7CKnJImsGPZegkI8Z5iS9jw5rmFElIgD

ABLVV842zcekot8ah-lF7Jo6FHmNP-wHOmttnF_e

ABLVV87ff55fDrjZjoKAorNofRKm4oSpiP9Q1YYw

ABLVV85orqDSsoK5iJAnn8Ej9gOJ67TTAZWKBtzy

ABLVV847Hi1czQJquVHnk64lROln45M7npHCqCBO

ABLVV847A5wW9aQ5ttHVuyuoUI_v4dq2lMM6sNpk

ABLVV84mkKHdRxF6K6H7QyExKMVSASOAPBLBA8rs

ABLVV85zAc8Yy7TVHnzXfj3VBqO02daf7ByUUPjB

ABLVV85DxBB6fgZ4p3QQDxpPYaT-fHopS5lJ6_J0

ABLVV85q6DVQuj0UP7vnJEB5Ug3DN7fnhAsLae31

ABLVV853mzScUkS_HqTSojCWVAsnDikmbJixFI29

ABLVV87NaSMHGK2ugbOoYcQdxtd4-U1ApHVXO3zd

ABLVV85Geo1Ls85g7LlHuUPhbxys-BplzBzDPc3W

ABLVV86wwWB-xXxfiTM2N1KgkHctw1eveoLOnHNq

ABLVV84jTC-L_J3blX-21xwOTpHQc9lHQtYWbLEc

ABLVV87EO7F4tkQr7YqGVw5VaXBgJT73Ole3C3OD

ABLVV875-Qh0NKVC_eLHEXPQw_6bPMjE5Kq8AWhR

ABLVV86Vd6IO5yZ4WBuvsPue6wcHG8d9GtW0QK6L

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ABLVV84Kqa56A6E5ZgBekmmkNfgignUA_I6ptzQrDdaNWYwY_DwiN-NM7AfHrhzDWu_tQ71MXj_39Y3l4xFgMyKJs82QkiXhXPz6gmHQtvyKKY14Lq877kFjAJc_Bb_8Vp5lplwxF5TF1Cu_td2-9xSjs26RBA=w1490-h790-s-no-gm?authuser=0

ABLVV84HKmwUyPl_wDEYVtlaDMFdEoFcic5VApMe

ABLVV85zMhVsWvwrOyhf74PSt6dHqYZbsNQc0dUA

ABLVV86yYOFT8oXojYSojr58ZUWHKgLQvLoMh-Oa

ABLVV87uxcjRWE8HJFpCwfon51gDFcF_5f3HQt0o

ABLVV86qPwtkgGF7Dk8v1HThBcU4wtosVh7GAi0D

Thanks for looking!

Drew

Excellent job; the chosen scheme is very interesting and eye-catching, to say the least; the finish you achieved is on par with the outstanding construction.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the end result and the progress; it was inspirational and teaching.

Regards

So impressive, especially seeing all those little details you had to make. It all adds up to one fantastic build, congrats Drew on another masterpiece to add to your model cabinet.

Steve

Magnificent in every way. Those engines, the wheel wells, camo and markings- it's entirely enviable! Thanks for posting the process- I've picked up some tips- cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a Douglas DC-3 / C-47 nut, I really enjoyed Drew's build.  Last night I felt lucky to see this build in person at our monthly Club meeting.  As good as the pictures are, they just don't do his work justice.  The detail work Drew added, the insane riveting detail, the corrections made and - of course - the fantastic effort getting the faded paint work juuuust right make this an IPMS Nationals strong contender.

Just WOW!!

C2j