If I ever find the time to build one, I'm showing off the ducting and fans. I've always loved jet models that you can peer into and see what makes them go...

I did another small update to the instruction sheet, almost finishing the FOD drawings.

I think that'll be it for illustrations. For the blank spot at the bottom of page 2, I was planning to put some text with build notes.

Again, any comments, questions or suggestions would be welcome, especially from those who have recieved their intakes and either started or studied them.

Another big shipment will go out on Monday. I only made 1 big shipment this week. Starting next week I'll try to make 2 or more shipments and when things slow down I'll go back to next day shipping...

I just picked up a copy of the new Tamiya Model Mag with Fancherellos stunning build (>>>here<<<). I'm a little bummed that a lawn-dart made the cover rather than the Flanker, but the awesome pictures made up for it (especially the great close-up that starts the article) as did the glowing review that Fanch gave my parts! :lol:

Thank you for that Fanch :lol:

:lol:

Hi Chris

I'm glad you liked the article ! But don't thank me for the review, your work really deserves them.

congrats again for your Flanker parts !

Fanch

:lol:

Hello All,

I've been keeping up with all the -27 builds and have almost all the good parts for the bird--to include Zactoman's parts. My question now revolves around the purchase of the Aires burner cans and wheel wells. Are they that much better than the kits parts??? Are they worth the price???

TIA,

Brian

hello

here are pics of the Aires burner cans:

PICT2743.JPG

PICT2766.JPG

PICT2859.JPG

I think they are really worth buying as they are a real improvement compared to the original parts.

I didnt use Aires wheel wells as they dont provide any detail for the maing gear legs wells. So I decided to detail them on my own, including the weel wells.

HTH

Fanch

Fanch

Hi Brian :wave: ,

Welcome aboard. I'd agree with Fanch and say that the Aires sets are definately worth having. The burner cans have a much more accurate shape (although they may still be a little long) and are a vast improvement over the kit items. The same holds true for the wheel wells. Every detail is present in eye-watering beauty. Every pipe and hose is represented so I'd say get some if you can.

Here's a few pics:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?...pic=46334&st=83

In addition, perhaps I can comment on the FOD guard topic and pass on my experiences.

As mentioned by Zactoman, his intakes do come very close to the width of the Eduard etched parts. Modifying them will raise a number of issues though.

Firstly, the interior of the resin intake trunking will need widening slightly, maybe 1-1.5mm, either by sanding or scoring a diagonal groove that the etch will sit in. Since the resin is relatively soft this would n't be too hard to do for someone brave enough.

Once done, this will lead to the second issue.

The Eduard FOD guard and the Zactomodels FOD guards are designed to sit at different angles. Consequently the Eduard parts are probably 1.5-2cm too long and will need shortening to fit within the confines of the Zactomodels intakes. This in itself is not difficult since the etch is thin and easily cut but it does create the third and possibly hardest issue to overcome.

For those unfamiliar with the Eduard set the FOD guards are made by combining three separate elements. The first is the background mesh, the second is the squared grille, the third is the strengthening vanes. All of these layers are very thin, delicate etched metal.

It's the last item that will cause the problems. It is formed by twisting each vane through 90 degrees so that they will sit perpendicular on the mesh/grille. This is a time consuming and difficult job with both ends of the vanes tethered by the etch but when you cut this to length you will lose the fret at one end leaving each vane floating. Now you will be left with the task of gluing paper thin etched metal along its length, accurately following the underlying grille, without bending anything in the wrong place! :o

I'm not saying that it's impossible....I'm just saying it will take a better (more patient) man than me. :taunt:

Good luck to anyone brave (foolhardy) enough to try it. I will be very impressed with whoever does it.

For me, the Zactomodel versions are more than good enough. ;)

HTH

:thumbsup:

Edited by geedubelyer

Last week was a double-whammy. :)

I had to replace my vacuum pump($), and retire one of the intake molds which had a small tear. This unfortunately slowed production and I only managed to ship 17 packages. All but two of the orders placed on April 18th were filled today. Next weeks shipment should be much bigger…I’m doing the best that I can…

The up-side is the nicer parts that come from a fresh mold and the new vacuum pump is giving me great results so far, virtually eliminating the minor bubble problems that I’ve been having.

To add to the slow production, I took most of Sunday off to relax and visit family. :)

Gotta keep my sanity…

I've still got to update my web-site and answer a few e-mails. Hopefully this evening... :lol:

:woo:

Hey Chris,

I`ll bet the great reviews in SAMI are keeping you busy.Don`t burn yourself out ,at least not until you get the Raptor done :)

Take it easy man.

Paul T

Don`t burn yourself out ,at least not until you get the Raptor done

Raptor?

"We don't need no stinking Raptors!"

You must be mistaking me for someone else...I'm doing the Northrop YF-23 Black Widow II !!!

:wierdo:

Thanks for posting those great links Kasatka.

The upper one is unusual, showing the intake screen in the little known

'York' position (so called after The Grand Old Duke who was neither

up nor down)

and the second is inthe equally rarely seen 'Wilson' position (after

Jackie Wilson soul singer who let it all hang out)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my intakes recently.

I am totally impressed with the quality and service of Zacto Models!! ;)

Thank's Chris, I'm really looking forward to your next releases. Can you tell us what we can expect??

I know you must almost be burnt out with the massive amounts of work with the SU-27 resin stuff.

How about a 1/32nd UK FGR.2 Phantom Conversion set for the Tamiya F4J?? :o

Keep up the Great work!

cheers

Andy in Toronto

What about releasing an accurate canopy/windshield for the Trumpeter 1/32 A-7E ?

The Trumpeter canopy is too flat on top.

How about a 1/32nd UK FGR.2 Phantom Conversion set for the Tamiya F4J??

....and so it begins................ <_<

Beware the Dark Side of the Force !!! <_<

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Chris, Chris Chris, getting old does'nt suck. It REALLY Sucks ! Man I got the new Tamiya Model Airplane International and man I almost had to get a electron Microscope to read the dam thing, they can't make the type any smaller !!!! Getting old stinks !!!

Sorry to hear about your back, I know the feeling. I messed up mine last week when I sneezed !!!!

The intakes are coming along slowly, now that it's summer and my bad ticker, you get a yard that looks like Nam !! Screw the Neighbors, modelling is first !!

Make sure you get one of those BIG industrial fans for your shop, and get one of those little Refrigerators for the cold ones !

I was sure happpy when they fixed the forums !!!

Keep the resin and glue flowing !!!! :) :banana:

Take it easy guys, just remember, there's more plastic than time, use it wisely !!!!!

Joe

Chris! Just received my Triple Pack last night!

No words can describe it plenty - This set is Completly Breathtaking :banana:

I'm photographing it now to make an extensive review but to all others following this topic I'll just say that this set is simply mandatory to anyone making a Flanker. The intakes alone enaces the model light years ahead of the Trumpeter donor kit.

:D Congratulations! Hope many more sets in the years to come from your hands! :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko:

I'm finally just about caught up with orders!

I updated Zactomodels.com today and lifted the one per customer restriction and should be able to start filling those orders next week.

I'd love to dive into the YF-23 right now but I'm busy preping fresh molds for the intakes and canopy parts (it seems never-ending...). I did however add the teaser for the YF-23 on my site :whistle:

What's the ETA on the YF-23?
:rofl:

I don't do ETAs anymore!

Not after my experiences with the canopy and intakes!

Fortunately the YF-23 intakes are almost finished already ;)

ETA on starting an in-progress thread for it? Next weekend I hope...

:cheers:

Smooth job Mr. Zactoman

I do think your customer service and experience was far above many other Web Retailers. :o

Then add on the quality of the SU-27 parts wow! I 'd say 'After Market retailer of the year'.

Thanks

Andy