A Heyford on E-bay for cheap? Must have just started. By the time the auction ENDS they are pretty pricey. I've watched several to spot any trends (not that I had any $$$ to bid on them). They usually get pretty high in the last day of the auction.

Good work on a great old beast, Mr. Tuck!

I have kicked myself several times for not buying one of these when I had the chance. It is one of my favorite old machines.

It is a real pleasure to see one built.

A Heyford on E-bay for cheap? Must have just started. By the time the auction ENDS they are pretty pricey. I've watched several to spot any trends (not that I had any $$$ to bid on them). They usually get pretty high in the last day of the auction.

The seller (aaamodel) has a good reputation (99.9%), if you Buy-It-Now the kit is US$10.99 and delivery is $5. (For UK guys that's about £8.50 total).

Is that really too much for a Matchbox Heyford kit?

Nick :thumbsup:

Edited by Nick Pedley

The seller (aaamodel) has a good reputation (99.9%), if you Buy-It-Now the kit is US$10.99 and delivery is $5. (For UK guys that's about £8.50 total).

Is that really too much for a Matchbox Heyford kit?

Nick :thumbsup:

I spent a grand total of £8 on a Matchbox Walrus in 1:72, so £8.50 for something much larger and more scarce seems like a steal to me.

Mind you, I gulped at spending that much on the Walrus, but its been a 'must have' since the age of 6!

Only one I see now is for $26 (US) (EDIT: That's just the "Buy it Now" price) and wants another $10 (US). That's too much for me. Well, in general. Right now $1 is too much (lol -- in between pay days)

Edited by Mark M.
:wave:

what did you use for the rigging ?

:wave:

Stretched sprue made taught with the hot punk of a blown out match. The sprue was placed in pre-drilled holes then superglued in place. Sag was eliminted with the matchhead. I burned thru in 3 places, but managed to patch them.

Tuck

• 2 months later...

great build, now how can people call it an ugly plane!? It's so cool! :) Did you manage to find any pictures or references for the cockpit? I've searched the web but have only come up with exterior shots...I'm sure they werent too complex in terms of instruments but still... :blink:

ps. I managed to get my heyford off ebay from aamodels for US10.50 (as well as a walrus for 7.15) which I thought was pretty good...although the stranraer I have a bid on has been outbid by some new bidder who went right up to my max of 15 pounds!!! yikes...nearly 40 dollars here in oz, so will have to wait till the next one comes along... :wave:

Did you manage to find any pictures or references for the cockpit? I've searched the web but have only come up with exterior shots...I'm sure they werent too complex in terms of instruments but still...

There was an article in Scale Models with the relevant info, quite a long time ago - part of the 'bomber' series. If anybody is interested PM me and I will see if I can find it.

Peebeep

Did you manage to find any pictures or references for the cockpit?

I guess you didn't get my PM to you a few weeks ago. I have some interior shots that I can send to you if you give me your e-mail address.

Did you manage to find any pictures or references for the cockpit?

I guess you didn't get my PM to you a few weeks ago. I have some interior shots that I can send to you if you give me your e-mail address.

hello, just found the message and sent a reply, thanks! :lol: