Hi there phellow Phantom phanatics :worship:

Well have been doing some work on my Three projects.

The cockpit on the Kai is just about done, hopefully will put it in today.

Here are some pics of the seats and the cockpit. The instruments in the cockpit consist of decals :thumbsup: which I'm not very concerned about as the canopy will be closed.

Hopefully it will be ready for painting in the next few days. I won't have a lot of modelling time in the next Five days as I'm working the next Two and then off to Las vegas over the weekend, be back Sunday.

More pics soon

Cheers :cheers:

Andy G

First pic, the very sparse cockpit.

Hey Andy, are you pulling out your tongue when you aim at shooting photos? You should not, it makes a nasty shadow on the pics.. :P

Well done on those seats :D I hardly can believe they are only 1/72, because everything I added to my 1/32 seat is there on yours :blink:

Take care,

Pierre

Hey Andy, are you pulling out your tongue when you aim at shooting photos? You should not, it makes a nasty shadow on the pics.. :cheers:

Take care,

Pierre

Thanks Pierre and Skull leader, I appreciate your kind words.

Pierre: I have no idea what that shadow is, it only appears when I shoot very close with the macro setting. The only thing I can figure out is that it could be the lens of the camera thats in the way :worship:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Andy G

You did say 1/72, right? Who makes those seats and also, who sells those seats? I'm interested in a pair or two. They look better than the Verlinden 1/72nds.

[edit] Found them! They appear to be the True Details.

Edited by StevenJ

That seats look great!

Are they from Aires range?

I have some sets and the PE belts looks like yours...

As for the shadow,thats from your camera lens.If you came closer and you have flash on the top of your camera,after flashing you'll get the lens shadow.

To solve this you'll have to use an external flash or to use a pure light below your camera!

Hey bro. Nice seats. <_< Now I have see how my scrachbuild 1/144 compare to them :P I´ll be sending some pic's soon

I got your e-mail.

Yep, mmaker is right regarding the shadow. It's the lens and the camera to close to the subject. Done that, been there etc. :lol: You have to use two lights on each side. See: http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/subm...tter-images.htm Just remember to set the white ballance to the "light bulb" to get the right colour ballance.

Grétar :wave:

Thanks guys.

Yeah I know those shadows are a little annoying, but thats the only way to show the detail and depth of the seats. I saw Steves B article on the lights a while back.

I've tried different settings on the camera and different light scenarios except what Steve suggested, that's because I haven't gone out and bought those little lamps,..again. I used to have two of those and found them to be,...well not very good because the switch mechanism failed after a relatively short time, but I was using them quite a lot then. I will get a couple more use them for photo ops only and see how they work out.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Andy G

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, just to prove I've been doing some modeling today, finally, I present some pics.

The main fuselage is together minus the wings, those will come next week.

I decided, a couple of weeks ago, after the wings were glued together to seperate the ailerons, and I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out to be a pretty mess, if I would have known I would not have done it, but I think I may have saved them, I did the cleaning and the sanding of the parts today, but they still don't look quite right, but I don't think anyone will notice once the model is done.

Cheers :cop:

Andy G

Pic 1 wings after the aileron removal.

Edited by Andy Gudbergsson
  • 2 weeks later...