Super Hornet finished!

It looks really good. Great job on the paint and decals. Only one thing I would mention and it's so small to be just about unnoticable but the black edging on the formation lights on the rear fuselage should be above and not below the formation light itself. The ones on the nose are correct though. (on those the edging goes below the light)

You can see what I mean on another F/A-18E that was posted today:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66471

Edited by David Walker

Hi Kelly,

It looks just great :thumbsup: I have to start with mine yet, but I am still occupied by finishing a Tomcat from VF-103. Though I am curious about something. I noticed the JDAM, which was not in my kit. I guess you got it somewhere else. Did you enhance the cockpit wit some aftermarket seats and detailsets? If so, which ones did you use?

Regards, Sietse

It looks really good. Great job on the paint and decals. Only one thing I would mention and it's so small to be just about unnoticable but the black edging on the formation lights on the rear fuselage should be above and not below the formation light itself. The ones on the nose are correct though. (on those the edging goes below the light)

You can see what I mean on another F/A-18E that was posted today:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66471

Aaargh!! David, you are absolutely right. That was simply me not paying enough attention, can't believe I did that. Good catch!

Did you enhance the cockpit wit some aftermarket seats and detailsets? If so, which ones did you use?

Regards, Sietse

Yes, I used a set of resin seats by Black Box, added some scratchbuilt sidewall detail, and photoetched MFD's.

The JDAM's came from a Hasegawa weapon set.

Aaargh!! David, you are absolutely right. That was simply me not paying enough attention, can't believe I did that. Good catch!

It's not something I think I would even have been aware of except that one of our very attention-to-detail modellers (who is no longer posting here) did the exact same thing on his and someone pointed it out. Apparently the black areas are for use with NVG.

Again, I think your F/A-18E looks great.

Did you enhance the cockpit wit some aftermarket seats and detailsets? If so, which ones did you use?

Regards, Sietse

Yes, I used a set of resin seats by Black Box, added some scratchbuilt sidewall detail, and photoetched MFD's.

The JDAM's came from a Hasegawa weapon set.

Thanks for the info!

Reagrds, Sietse

Excellent job with the super bug. :thumbsup:

Did you use the yellow decals for the top of the fin or did you paint the yellow and use the black decals?

Did you have any problems with the build?

I am building the same kit at the moment and nearly up to the painting stage.

after seeing your kit, I will probably go with the Jolly Rogers scheme

Cheers

Kev

:cheers:

Did you use the yellow decals for the top of the fin or did you paint the yellow and use the black decals?

I used the yellow decals, then had to paint the top of the fin to match. I just used Testors yellow over a white base, and it matched perfectly.