Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About AlienFrogModeller

  • Rank
    Why am I here, shouldn't I be building?
  • Birthday 01/29/1968

Contact Methods

  • MSN
  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Robins AFB, Ga, USA

Recent Profile Visitors

6,611 profile views
  1. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Thank you sir, kind words have always been appreciated.
  2. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Gentlemen thank you for the praise. Gianni, IRC the hell hole might be a little different from one country to another. I can't imagine it being too much different tho.
  3. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    I'm a simple man with ambitions to add detail beyond my skills...lol.
  4. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Thanks for the compliment, that's very kind of you. Shape...well I didn't compare until you mentioned it and directed the question directly to me. My philosophy prior to your question was...if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it must be a Hornet (my view). Sure there has been discussions on shapes of the Kinetic kit wrt the vert stabs, nose, dorsal spine, formation lights, rudders, flaps, wing fold etc. When I look at the model, it reminds me of the flight line of Cold Lake and other areas over my time with my babies.I am happy to say it looks good to me, I have mentioned in other discussions here in ARC; I feel that it has tonnes of potential and hasn't let me down yet. I find the plastic itself to be much more malleable and less brittle, allowing forgiveness to modify the kit to a standard that makes me happy. Don't get me wrong I like the Hasegawa kit too. My next step of family versions of the Hornet will involve a Hasegawa kit. At the end of the day, the kit is appealing to me vs the cost of the kit and will end up representing a fine replica of the Hornet. It is an enjoyable kit to build and it is not without its challenges. If I wanted a kit that was perfect in shape form and assembly, I would have bought a ready-to-display out of the box short of buying a real one; there is no exact kit out there so pick your poison. But I have built many Hornets and find this to be a nice change and joy to build; I do have 6 in my inventory with plans to get at least three more (Raymond did you hear that? mo money mo money). I won't be going out of my way to evilbay or other similar sites to find a Hasegawa legacy kit; however if i find a great deal I will jump on it as long as I can get some aftermarket accessories. Sorry saw a squirrel and became distracted, the noses are different compared to the Hasegawa kit and both compared to line drawings; a small shade off for both kits. I'm not at all concerned about a few thousands of an inch. I think once I have completed them and display them in my 1/48 hangar, no one will be noticing the small differences but maybe smile at the end product. After all is said and done, I want is to say..."yeah I worked there" and smile thinking of my time on the hangar floor. Maybe this will give the same smile to others who can appreciate their time on the floor or give another an appreciation of the environment for which we worked in.
  5. The next project

    Visors are my best friend, I am my worst enemy...LOL Looking good!
  6. F9F-5 VF-781 Lt Royce Williams

    Love a good story to a build! Looking good sir.
  7. Better...that's why there is more models to build! So we can take what we have learned and apply those lessons to the next one! Well done sir.
  8. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    skyhawk174, Sir, too kind and I appreciate those kind words. Burnt out...no I don't think so. I have had the upmost privilege to work on this airframe and along side/with incredible people over my few years on the Hornet (20 years actually). Although I have moved from and onto other airframes, the Hornet still holds a special place in my heart.
  9. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Joel, Thanks, having fun building these kits.
  10. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    crackerjazz, thank you for that, you're too kind.
  11. Airfix 1/48 scale Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

    Nice work Joel, looks real good with markings applied. I like the matt decals, gives the sealing coat something to stick to. Can't wait for the weathering....
  12. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Preview of the metal screening; I was curious, I wanted to see what it is going to look like in a semi built state.
  13. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    AC Wiring done, rinse repeat three more times. I did however make some of the parts for the other three. But most will be made to fit.
  14. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Thank you sir.
  15. Kinetic CF188 1/48

    Pardon the pun...a small update. Hell hole test, should work to get the point across. Now I am going to try add some solid lines and possibly some ac wiring.