Swiss Air Ambulance - quick pics

Well this little kit is done and I have taken a couple of "quick" pics to show those who might be interested.

I ended up using decal windows from the Hawkeye RAAF Challenger sheet as the Clearfix experiment failed dismally and removing the resulting mess caused the loss of the silver windows frame decals. I knew there were reasons why I have not tried again using Clearfix to make windows for years. Never again I fear. :cheers:

One other aspect of gloss white aircraft is keeping the model clean and free of marks. Gloss white attracts flaws like moths to a candle!

This is a nice kit to build and I will certainly build another in RAAF livery at some stage.

Anyway here it is.

604-quick01.jpg

604-quick02.jpg

604-quick03.jpg

Time for a flat grey build....

B)

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Mike,

I just thought of something. On my Challenger the nose gear is not perfectly straight. It looks like it is turning ever so slightly to right. Did yours come out straight? I'm sure it was probably a goof on my part, but I was just curious.

John

John

Mine appears the same. I thought of hot water and a bit o twist but decided it was not worth it with such a small part. Odd because there is positive lock-in with the bay and the gear leg.

Adds a bit of character!

:thumbsup: and thanks for the kind words all!

MikeJ

Mike,

There are 3 total schemes offered in the Revell kit. The one on Mike's bird, a privately(?) owned bird with a blue, yellow, and red stripe down the side and up the tail US registration, and a Cirrus bird.

HTH,

John