Another Matchbox Victor.

However I may have had a bit of a break through at work. Some of the lads saw some pics of my F-16 and one has asked me to build a kit for him. Wonders will never cease. Big rufty tufty policeman wants a model building. :D

Hmm. . . I'm still in the "Oh, is that, like, Airfix kits and stuff? Used to build them when I was a kid, grew out of it" Stage in my Parade room. Must be easily led Black Rats. . . .

Best Victor I've EVER seen from that kit. I bought it new as a 13 year old for the princely sum of £3.95 (from Wonderland models during a holiday) and it still scares me to this day! Pleased to see your results with the mission models scribing set - my results with it have been less than stellar, I'm wondering if I got a poorly ground set as the chisels are superb, just the scribers are not so good. . .

Edited by Dmanton300

Cheers guys. Sorry I haven't replied sooner, its these silly shifts I work. I'll get some pics of the glider and Airbus for you. I built the Airbus for my wife who is cabin crew for Thomas Cook. However it's looking slightly worse for wear after a bit of a tumble :cheers: .

Anyhows just a quick update on the bottom of the Vic, which I finally got to weather last night.

PB063235.jpg

PB063236.jpg

PB063237.jpg

Came out OK, me thinks.

I`m afraid this one has got to have FOD guards. There is just no way you can do it without unless you purchase the Aeroclub update set and fit the resin intakes.

Nigel

• 2 years later...

Well after a long absence from here, heres the finale of this build.

I did some work on the refuelling pods. The OOB pod is on the left. Not best ever. The props on the nose can, at best be described as chunky. The centre one shows the mods to the nose. I cut the tip off replaced it with some circular stock then cut some strips of litho plate to the correct size for the props. I also rescribed the pod. Finally the pod primered up and ready for paint. Definitely worth the effort in my book.

PC097485.jpg

I then turned my attention to the flaps. My intention is to show them dropping as the pressure slower bleeds off in the hydraulics, as seen in so many pics. To this end, I am going to pin them in place and whilst I was at it, made a bracket for the centre track run.

PC097487.jpg

Scratch built the refuelling baskets.

PC107488_edited-1.jpg

What is it with super glue by the way. It sticks your fingers together no probs but struggles with what your actually trying to glue!!

Got the remainder of the final pieces sprayed. Just need to decal and weather.

PC107490_edited-1.jpg

All I have left then is the the four intakes on the belly to fit and the intake covers.

Home stretch and finish line in sight.

The refuelling pods are done just need a quick matt coat. And the baskets adding. which are just drying off after a base coat.

PC147491.jpg

The flaps are all done and just need attaching.

PC147493.jpg

And the finally its done.

PC147495.jpg

I never did do the intake covers in the end. They just proved to be more trouble than they where worth so I decided to quit whilst I was ahead.

Cheers for looking and I hope you like the, long overdue, finished build.

I'm just going to head over to the Critique Corner and drop some more pics over there.

Nige.

Marvellous work Nigel! This is the best Victor kit I have ever seen! The scribing is beautifully consistent and your detail work is truly enhancing the kit. Not to mention the paint job!

All the best!

Martin

A very very nice build of this old girl and having spent last weekend with Lindy at Elvington you can see all the faults in the old Matchbox kit and looks like you`ve done a truely superb job.

Just quick Q, it could just be me but after going through some much work i`m surprised to see that you haven`t addressed the intakes?

Mornin' Cop,

33 years ago (at 14 years of age) I built my last model.

Over the last two years I've been getting urges to give it another go and started to view a few websites, walked into a couple of local model shops (where have they all gone?) and even visited a show in Bolton (my local show) and the big one at Telford. The force from the dark side has been getting stronger, but I've yet to take the plunge.

Then this morning I've discovered this thread. I lost 45 minutes of my day and I'm hooked! I'll even be a few minutes late for work today but I'm not at all bothered!

Sir, you have rekindled my fire with this simply stunning piece of work.

Tomorrow I'll be buying a few cheap kits, some tools, glues et al and I'll make the time to take up this wonderful hobby again. It's time to learn from scratch.

If I ever manage results anywhere near your's then I'll be a very happy chappy.

You've done it now!

Cheers guys I have put more pics up in the Critique forum, for you all to look at.

Yeh the intakes. I fully intend to cover them with intake covers. I sat down at the bench for several hours trying to make some. But in the end I just had to walk away before I threw the model at the wall. I am going to make some and have hatched a new plan of attack involving a large amount of milliput.

Cameraman, sorry about that. lol. Get yourself down to Modelzone on Deansgate. Ask for Des, tell him Nige the bike cop sent you and he will sort you out.

Nige

Cameraman, sorry about that. lol. Get yourself down to Modelzone on Deansgate. Ask for Des, tell him Nige the bike cop sent you and he will sort you out.

Nige

Hi Nige,

ah ha, a biker as well! So what area do you cover? I used to work at William's BMW Bikes in Manchester, so know lots of the lads.

Regards

Reggie AKA The Cameraman

I cover the Moss, Longsight, Wythenshawe and Stockport.

Williams Manchester eh, you'll know my mate Nic Avery then. Took one of your bikes out for a test ride and trashed it. lol

I cover the Moss, Longsight, Wythenshawe and Stockport.

Williams Manchester eh, you'll know my mate Nic Avery then. Took one of your bikes out for a test ride and trashed it. lol

Hi Nige,

Oh yes, next time you see him please pass on my regards, he's a great bloke!

We were in work one day listening to a live police chase, with some of the car lads, when one of your lads (I think it was Simon) lost the sump off his Pan European, yet his running commentary was a cool as a cucumber! It was amazing.

Impressive. I just want to say congratulations for such effort on making an old wonderful kit into a stunning model. By far the best Victor that I've ever seen.

Cop...any chance that you share those drawings wth me, or at least point me to a source to get them? I have the Revell kit in the stash (built the Matchbox early in the 80s also) and I feel I need to rescribe the whole thing to get the best results. I'd appreciate any help on that front.

In the meantime, let me stand while I'm applauding this work of art.

Greetings from Chile!

Azor