The Phantoms have landed!

Dear ARCers,

This is to announce that, finally, the first batch of the newest RF-4C&E sheets is ready for dispatch.

We want here to apologize all fellow modelers that have placed preorders for these sheets for the delay,

but we wanted to have the things done correctly!

The preorders are now being dispatched.

The sheets, in 1/72 (72053) and 1/48 (48023) scales contain markings for several colorful recce Rhinos never previously covered in decal form:

RF-4C 65-0835, 165th TRS/123 TRW, Kentucky ANG with Europe One scheme & big white Pegasus on the tail , 1986;

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0479...mp;photo_nr=203

RF-4C 65-0835 / CR.12-49 (12-58), 123 Sqn, Ala 12, Spanish AF with Europe One scheme, 1989;

RF-4C 65-0835 / CR.12-49 (12-58), 123 Sqn, Ala 12, Spanish AF with light grey scheme, 1993

sister ship: http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0329...&photo_nr=2

RF-4C 65-0823 / CR.12-55 (12-64), 123 Sqn, Ala 12, Spanish AF,“Titanes Phorever†special scheme (gold & black eagles on the tail) 2002;

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0849...&photo_nr=7

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1013...amp;photo_nr=68

RF-4E 2-6504, TFB 6, Islamic Iranian AF with desert scheme & black undersurfaces , during the Iran Iraq war, 1985;

RF-4E 2-6507, TFB 6, Imperial Iranian AF with desert scheme, 1977;

RF-4E 2-6511, TFB 3, Islamic Iranian AF, with current blue & grey scheme, 2001.

We will post scanns of these as soon as possible.

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Diego

Edited by Diego
Cool choice of subjects! Especially the Spanish and Iranian planes! All very cool! :rofl:

Now, where to get that bent refuelling probe in 72nd...

Many thanks for your kind comments :lol:

The easiest solution would be to use Hasegawa's "RF-4E Israeli Air Force" boxing,

or alternatively, the Israeli F-4E from the same company as part source, both including the IFR probe.

Or,the probe would be needed to be done from scratch - a not so complicated job. (Unfortunately, this IFR probe for Israeli and Spanish Phantoms is available from AIRDOC in 1/48th scale only).

Cheers

Diego

Many thanks for your kind comments :rofl:

The easiest solution would be to use Hasegawa's "RF-4E Israeli Air Force" boxing,

or alternatively, the Israeli F-4E from the same company as part source, both including the IFR probe.

Or,the probe would be needed to be done from scratch - a not so complicated job. (Unfortunately, this IFR probe for Israeli and Spanish Phantoms is available from AIRDOC in 1/48th scale only).

Cheers

Diego

But Diego My friend have you tried getting the Israeli F-4E lately? I have been lokoing for years now, at least the RF-4E is out there Let me know if I can buy them direct from you like I always do!! :lol:

But Diego My friend have you tried getting the Israeli F-4E lately? I have been lokoing for years now, at least the RF-4E is out there Let me know if I can buy them direct from you like I always do!! :)

Hallo Gary, nice to read you again!

You know, you can order & obtain the sheets directly from me, as always!

Cheers

Diego

Edited by Diego

The refuelling probe for the Spanish/Israeli Phantom is a fairly simple conversion. You need a 1/72 F100 Super Sabre boom as a starting point, and some good reference pictures.

I remember there was a 1/72 probe available at one time, cant remember from who though. I bought it by mail order from somewhere in the UK. Anyone got any ideas where?

Diego

Georgeous Phantoms, definitely want to get my hands on these in 1/72nd scale.

Excuse me though if I seem a bit dense, but I've had a look on your web site, and can't figure out how to order these direct.

I've been on Hannants site to look there and they're not listed yet.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Rhino53
The easiest solution would be to use Hasegawa's "RF-4E Israeli Air Force" boxing
You need a 1/72 F100 Super Sabre boom as a starting point, and some good reference pictures.
now I will begin counting the days for F-4C/D decals.

by the way I will use esci/italeri F-5A/B freedomfighter IFR prob

All very good suggestions. Good thing is, I have a couple of F-5As in the stash. And probably as many F-100s. :)

And, like tigereye, I'm also looking forward to the F-4C/Ds (and the F-100s some day :cheers: ).

Other than the Hasegawa boxing of the Israeli Phantom, there is another source for a 1/72 Phantom refueling probe. I have one from Delta Bits in 1/72 for the Phantom. It is Item # DB5012. I had picked this one up in a vendors area at a model show before I found a copy of the Hasegawa Israeli Phantom. Now I may have another use for the spare IFR probe! :(

Mike

Cool choice of subjects! Especially the Spanish and Iranian planes! All very cool! :cheers:

Now, where to get that bent refuelling probe in 72nd...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for this information! Good to know that there are IFR probes in 1/72 scale available!

Anyway, I included a 1/72nd scale drawing of the probe in the instruction sheet, just to make things a bit easier!

Cheers

Diego

Other than the Hasegawa boxing of the Israeli Phantom, there is another source for a 1/72 Phantom refueling probe. I have one from Delta Bits in 1/72 for the Phantom. It is Item # DB5012. I had picked this one up in a vendors area at a model show before I found a copy of the Hasegawa Israeli Phantom. Now I may have another use for the spare IFR probe! :beer4:

Mike

Edited by Diego
Finally - all the preordered RF-4 C&E sheets have been dispatched :lol:

Diego,

I'm dense also and can't figure out how to order - where do I go to order a sheet (I'm in US).

Thanks,

Gene K

Hi Gene,

Simply drop me a PM for this !

Cheers

Diego

Diego,

I'm dense also and can't figure out how to order - where do I go to order a sheet (I'm in US).

Thanks,

Gene K