Hi,

I'm looking for pictures of the Hinds used by the US Army.

Google shows a couple but I'm sure I saw a complete green one at MCAS Yuma a couple of years ago but all of the Hinds shown are green/brown.

These Hinds are operated by OPTEC/OTSA.

Many thanks.

regards,

Dennis

Edited by Dennis Stronks
Hi,

I'm looking for pictures of the Hinds used by the US Army.

Google shows a couple but I'm sure I saw a complete green one at MCAS Yuma a couple of years ago but all of the Hinds shown are green/brown.

These Hinds are operated by OPTEC/OTSA.

Many thanks.

regards,

Dennis

I don't remember an overall green one, but this comes close:

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19971.jpg

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19972.jpg

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19973.jpg

The ones I have seen over the years are in a tan/brown type of scheme.

MiL-2491-32472TSMOBiggsOct20062.jpg

MiL-2491-32472TSMOBiggsOct20064.jpg

When I was Training up for my Deployment to Iraq @ Ft. Bliss Tx in El Paso, They were Based there there was 3 or 4 if i remember right an Mi-17 an Mi-6 and 1 or 2 Hip's they are a Joint Civilian. Army Operation, also saw one at Ft. Irwin in Ca when iwas in the Marines there against Opfor. and let me tell I Saw a Helo Dogfight 2 Super Cobra's and 1 HIND it was awsome!! anyway hope this helps you find your Info.

They are used in the training role. Army Hind pilots log more time in them then Russian Hind pilots

and have better maintenance and spares availability too!

They're used for threat ID, and ADA training (that's why they're based out of Ft. Bliss). No better way to figure out how to shoot down your intended target than with the real thing! My buddy (now an Apache driver) was an ADA officer before reverting and coming to flight school and he saw them a lot out there during OBC. Of course, since he's an ADA guy, he's had more aircraft break on him than anyone else in the class. We keep telling him its because he was trained to shoot em down!

Jon

They are used in the training role. Army Hind pilots log more time in them then Russian Hind pilots

We've got guys up here that have more years operating certain foreign toys than most people in the countries that built them...

And no I'm not telling you what....

We've got guys up here that have more years operating certain foreign toys than most people in the countries that built them...

And no I'm not telling you what....

Bf-109

FW-190

Zero

Oscar

Ooooppps. I guess that I am a little out of date on the current threat. <_<

Darwin

Bf-109

FW-190

Zero

Oscar

Ooooppps. I guess that I am a little out of date on the current threat. <_<

Darwin

LOL, and no they're not airplanes (more's the pity - though I can't complain about the Viper). For airplanes we just take American ones and paint em up funny.

I don't remember an overall green one, but this comes close:

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19971.jpg

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19972.jpg

MiL-24D88-0616Biggs19973.jpg

The ones I have seen over the years are in a tan/brown type of scheme.

MiL-2491-32472TSMOBiggsOct20062.jpg

MiL-2491-32472TSMOBiggsOct20064.jpg

Ah, a fellow el pasoan!! i lived there for about 18 years until december when i moved to san antonio. i've seen the mi-24s fly from time to time, afterall my dad was in the army and i used to hang around ft. bliss a lot

yep vince there was some helos that were modded to look like hinds.....did have a pic but cant find it for the life of me!!

keith: the first 2 hinds the USA aquired were from afghanistan, via defection to pakistan...not sure what happned to them, id probaby guess they were dissassembled and studied, though there is a possibility one of the hind collection may be them..

keith: the first 2 hinds the USA aquired were from afghanistan, via defection to pakistan...not sure what happned to them, id probaby guess they were dissassembled and studied, though there is a possibility one of the hind collection may be them..

ah, thanks for the information. I wonder where the rest came from, and how many total there are.