[Review]Armory 1/72 TZ-22 heavy airfield refueler kit

Hi,guys

Good news for you,especially if you are Russian aircraft fans and 1/72 scaler!

Armory from Ukraine has released a resin/injection kit of TZ-22 in 1/72.

They will also release R-40 missiles(3 types),R-60 missiles with APU-60 pylons(APU-60-2 also available),RS-2U missiles and APA-5 airfield starter in the near future.

Of course,in the most correct scale——1/72 :whistle:

I sent this review to Steve several days ago but before it's put on the website,I'd like to share it with you.

Here we go!

Armory 1/72 TZ-22 heavy airfield refueler kit

tz221_943.jpg

Walkaround Pics from Airforce.ru:

АТЗ ТЗ-22 • TZ-22 Fuel Servicing Truck

Here comes their first full kit,TZ-22.TZ-22 is a Russian heavy airfield refueler,and mainly used for refueling purpose for bombers or transpotors such as Tu-22,Tu-160 or Il-76,etc.You can also find them from MiG-25 or MiG-31 aerobases.

01.jpg

The multi-material kit here(72301a) contains original made resin cargo,tires,photo-etching parts and decal,together with E-Klass KrAZ-258 injection plastic kit,which is a civil use version of TZ-22 and shares some same parts.There is also another version that does not include the E-Klass kit,and the catalogue number is 72301b.

02.jpg

The resin parts are cast in excellent condition,free of bubbles.Also the fitting of resin parts are even better than some injection kits.The resin tires are a great improvement compared with the plastic ones from the E-Klass kit.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Decal is nicely printed and includes lots of stencils and badges for the military use TZ-22.You have 4 choices for painting schemes,2 Ukrainian,1 UN,1 Russian.

25.jpg

And instruction sheets:

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

The test fit pictures(from Armory official pictures)

P1134549_.jpg

P1134552_.jpg

PC084508.jpg

This refueler has been asked to release for many years and finally,dream comes true.

It is a must have for any Soviet/Russian aircraft diorama built and will add the humanaity feeling to your diorama a lot.

A new age for Soviet/Russian aircraft modelers is coming.

Yufei, thank you for a good news!

Now a question(s): who would be a distributor of this model in USA, now much would it cost and when it would be available?

Thank you for a pictures - they are worth thousands of words.

Leo.

They will also release R-40 missiles(3 types),R-60 missiles with APU-60 pylons(APU-60-2 also available),RS-2U missiles and APA-5 airfield starter in the near future.

Now that is something to get excited about, I've been planning to scratch build the APA-5 rear and put it on an ICM Ural chassis for a long time. I haven't gotten around to it because it was going to be such an undertaking. I'll have to see how the Armory kit turns out!

Hoops

Now that is something to get excited about, I've been planning to scratch build the APA-5 rear and put it on an ICM Ural chassis for a long time. I haven't gotten around to it because it was going to be such an undertaking. I'll have to see how the Armory kit turns out!

Hoops

My exact thoughts - and plans!

I hope we will hear more about this company! The planned missiles would be on my shopping list as well.

Great kit!

But 75 usdollars is a bit much

I agree with joachim. Although it looks far superior to the E-Klass kit (which I have), I can't see myself spending over $100 Canadian for this kit.

Anyway, thanks for posting the review, haneto!

Keith

Edited by Backfire
My exact thoughts - and plans!

I hope we will hear more about this company! The planned missiles would be on my shopping list as well.

Me too....

In fact I even got the ICM Ural kit and 2 Zil-131s for a similar work: APA-80 and EGU-50, but never started them.

Yes the Armory kit isn't really cheap.... I saw it on hobbyterra and was wondering about the value for money... seems really good.

Well,you can try another Ebay shop from Ukraine,Model UA.

I bought mine from the shop,and the price,postage and service are really nice and impressing.

You can check more pictures of other items from Armory official home page.

698B6B5B22E439AD0F3ADC9798599586.jpg

3DED65B6A8D156026EB75DE37B623033.jpg

035FEA220F0259F5A062120D75393309.jpg

40DCC77153F20F75220972F2781F400B.jpg

8D05CABF3E698821B173F07864AA6994.jpg

C0A6CA39494D96B86D8A167651E89636.jpg

E2A2C42EA62407C2E8F911EA0E07A45C.jpg

The owner of Armory,Taras told me that the resin casting master of APA-5 has finished.

The PE parts of the arms are still under design,together with 1/72 MiG-25 resin exhaust nozzles.

So let's just wait and see.:woot.gif:

Cheers,

Yufei

The owner of Armory,Taras told me that the resin casting master of APA-5 has finished.

The PE parts of the arms are still under design,together with 1/72 MiG-25 resin exhaust nozzles.

So let's just wait and see.:salute:

Cheers,

Yufei

Excellent!

Yufei, at the moment you still only have the refueler kit, no missiles yet, right?

Excellent!

Yufei, at the moment you still only have the refueler kit, no missiles yet, right?

Hi,Jan

Thoese missiles are ready for sale but due to holiday reason,still not on the shelf.

I have some other stuff from Armory such as Su-27 use "Sorbtsya" ECM pod,and some weapon pylons.

There's also releasing plan for Su-27/MiG-29 tow bar,with resin and PE.

BTW,the masters of Armory aircraft stuff are all made by Садовой Павел aka Pasha S,who made many excellent models such as this ICM MiG-29 9-13 with APA-5:

i2533_1.jpg

1:72 МиГ-29

Wow, highly impressive stuff. I want those R-60's and R-40's. Impressive to see that even actuators for the R-40 is included. And put me down for two MiG-25 exhausts and towbars! Btw, do you know if the exhaust is for the ICM -25 or the Condor kit? I have both kits, but not here at the moment, to compare how the exhaust is attached.

And one last question: What is the most usual refueling truck for Su-27, -25, -24 and MiG-29? I see that ICM have several different types.

Btw, do you know if the exhaust is for the ICM -25 or the Condor kit? I have both kits, but not here at the moment, to compare how the exhaust is attached.

They are both the same kit, Berkut - although the breakdown of parts is different.

The Condor exhaust is one moulding - with a separate figure-of-eight shroud.

The ICM kit exhaust is in three parts - with three parts for the shroud.

But both end up being the same.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

The MiG-25 nozzles were designed for Condor kit at first but it's also OK for the ICM kit,as Ken mentioned.

Well,1/72 is still the right scale for Russian aircrafts,especially if you want to make a diorama.

There're also excellent rador vehicles from German maker ZZ Modell,etc.

What a colourful 1/72 world!

The MiG-25 nozzles were designed for Condor kit at first but it's also OK for the ICM kit,as Ken mentioned.

Well,1/72 is still the right scale for Russian aircrafts,especially if you want to make a diorama.

There're also excellent rador vehicles from German maker ZZ Modell,etc.

What a colourful 1/72 world!

Yeah, but the fire fighting vehicles are more interesting for an airport diorama than the radar set

Anyway, 1/72 is the right scale... until I get too old to see small details :crying2:

Also, as we modellers are never satisfied, as they bothered to make new resin wheels for the E-Klass Kraz-258, they could have made also a new resin interior... the plastic one is quite basic...

Btw, I'm glad they sell also the "stand alone" trailer because I already have a couple of Kraz-258 (even if without the better resin wheels) now... what about a MAZ-537 tractor? :mellow:

Edited by Yuri
Btw, I'm glad they sell also the "stand alone" trailer because I already have a couple of Kraz-258 (even if without the better resin wheels) now... what about a MAZ-537 tractor? :pray:

Hi,Yuri

If memory saves,I remember those resin tires are also included in the version without E-Klass kit. :crying2:

I want that tractor too...But soon we'll have APA-5,so many diorama photos can be made! :mellow:

Cheers,

Yufei

When I saw the pic above, I was a bit confused. Why would anyone want to photoshop a real Ukrainian MiG-29 into a different background pic? :pray: Just for having a starter truck near it? Only when clicking the link below it I noticed that these are actually models! :wacko: Top-notch work! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...