Hello everyone!

This build started as a quick OOB build. Finally it became not fully OOB but almost...and it was not quick, anyway - the plane is still unfinished. :thumbsup:

A little build diary was created from the photos. I hope you will like it.

Cheers,

Zoli

a6e_1.jpg

a6e_2.jpg

a6e_3.jpg

a6e_4.jpg

a6e_5.jpg

Edited by ZAgocs
Looking good

How is the Italeri kit ? - it doesn't look to shabby in the photos

Pete

Hi Pete,

it's a nice little kit. It is quite detailed (nice IP, wing folds, electronic bay door is a separate part, etc...) and has only minor fit problems here and there. The biggest one is the windshield-fuselage fit. Otherwise it has no problems, an easy build.

Cheers,

Zoli

wow... I know you are adding detail but that cockpit set loks nice - is that all OOB? I have a Prowler in the stash and fancy an Intruder to go with it - if this is as good as it looks may have to get one (love the OOB wingfold too...)

wow... I know you are adding detail but that cockpit set loks nice - is that all OOB? I have a Prowler in the stash and fancy an Intruder to go with it - if this is as good as it looks may have to get one (love the OOB wingfold too...)

Hi Robw,

yes, that's the kit cockpit. Nice, detailed instrument panel, seats and tub. I only added some wires and foil. A little fitting problem is there with the IP- it is about a mm too wide to fit where it should go. I cheated a bit and move it closer to the seats.

Cheers,

Zoli

great update... like the rebuild of the landing gear doors... I have a few on my Fuji T-1A that I need to clean up so may look at this technique, as well as the air brake which I want to open the holes from the outside and look at the framing on the inside........ look forward to more progress

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the kind words!

Laz, mate, you are kind, but I'm not a master, just a hobbist. A master modeler would finish his Phantom and Hornet before starting an Intruder - and would remove the sink marks in the Intruder cockpit (yuck!)... :D

singeri, I like it too. :thumbsup: I used enamels for almost ten years and it seems I switch to Gunze Acrylics now. Feels, sprays and brushes much more better...

Todays diary update is here...

Cheers,

Zoli

a6e_27.jpg

a6e_28.jpg

a6e_29.jpg

a6e_30.jpg

a6e_31.jpg

Edited by ZAgocs

Hi Zoli. It is looking great. Can you explain how you did the canopy masking? Did you cut the tamiya tape while the tape is on the canopy (it seems that way) or did you cut it elsewhere and then attached it to the canopy? I fear cutting the tape while it is on the canopy because any mistake is irreversible. How did you do it so well? Also, did you glue the canopy to the model before or after masking? Thanks!