F-14 Tomcat 1/48 + F/A-18F

Hi there, Honz! :D Glad to see ya back on ARC. How's the missus, lad?

I will try to build new boss kit with some extras for hasegawa kit.

:D Some extras ya say...??? That's LUTS of extras! :(

Mate, dunno if ya've checked Anders Isaksson's thread on the HobbyBoss Cat's intakes yet, but it's worth takin' a peek at it if ya didn't.

Anders Isaksson's HobbyBoss F-14 Thread.

Awesome work so far; gonna be followin' yer thread with delight.

Cheers,

Unc²

Hey Honza good ole buddy it's been awhile since I have dropped by on one of your builds. I really love your builds and can't wait to see what you do with the HB Tomcat! Keep the updates comin!

Jeremy

Big thanks for all!

...how do you plan to paint the cockpit after it is installed?

With airbrush and brush... It´s not ideal, but possible...

Honza I'm salivating to see what you can do with a Hobbyboss Tomcat. Plus more eye candy with the Super Bug.

I have to ask though. Is an after market cockpit even necessary with the HB Cat? And for that matter any AM?

Denis

I don´t know 100% If I understand your question right, but I thing that Aires will make some AM things for cat. I will try to fit the exhaust for hasegawa to HB soon...

I love your builds Honza, but I hope you aren't giving up mountain biking for it!

No need to some wories, bike is now my number One.

Pit is ready...

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Edited by Honza K.

Looks very nice Honza. You have nailed all the difficult seams nicely. The preshading effect looks good after the main colors. My only question would be the seamline of the windshield, someone once told me that those seams need to be filled and the test for it is the fingernail: if it catches it, need to work on it more. Do you think that is really the case? (I am asking this as this is perhaps the most painful step in building. I tend to screw up the clear parts while sanding).

I don´t know 100% If I understand your question right, but I thing that Aires will make some AM things for cat. I will try to fit the exhaust for hasegawa to HB soon...

Hi Honza,

What I meant was, is an aftermarket cockpit needed at all for the HB tomcat? From what I have heard, the HB 'cat is the next best thing since sliced bread so I was wondering why you are putting in an after market cockpit instead of using the kit one.

Great progress on the kits.

Denis