HobbyBoss 1/48th scale F-14A VF-103 "Sluggers"

Lt Ghost Grey, start with XF-2 and XF-66 a 1:6 ratio with Clear Blue mixed in, that is a rough starting point. Dk. Ghost Grey was a mixed with the same colors and a touch of XF-1, but a 1:8 ratio. The medium grey was a custom mix and I did a lot of eyeballing and mixing of different colors even throwing in clear green.

Lt Ghost Grey, start with XF-2 and XF-66 a 1:6 ratio with Clear Blue mixed in, that is a rough starting point. Dk. Ghost Grey was a mixed with the same colors and a touch of XF-1, but a 1:8 ratio. The medium grey was a custom mix and I did a lot of eyeballing and mixing of different colors even throwing in clear green.

Thanks, colors look perfect to me. You did a great job mixing them.

Overall a very nice clean build. Great job on the canopy masking and alignment of landing gear.....nothing worse than crooked landing gear. Paint job looks good but I would maybe include a few touch-ups here and there as is evident on most of these jets. I would also suggest a lil more wear and tear on the canopy sills to match the exterior wear. Other than that a great job.

Looks great! you even shortened the tail hook to the correct length :thumbsup:/> Did you fill and sand all of the rivets on the wings? Just wondering since I can't really see if they're there or not :rolleyes:/>

/Jesse

Looks great! you even shortened the tail hook to the correct length :thumbsup:/>/>/> Did you fill and sand all of the rivets on the wings? Just wondering since I can't really see if they're there or not :rolleyes:/>/>/>

/Jesse

Yup, filling in those rivets were a pain. Promised myself not to do it again on the next HobbyBoss F-14 I do but I might have to go back on this promise.

Edited by gtypecanare

Very nice looking Tomcat! I am working on HB F-14A as well but it goes very slowly. I just stacked with engine inlets and still wonder how to do it right. How did you approach this problem? It is almost impossible to make it smooth and seamless. I was thinking about doing it like Jesni did but I will rather go ahead with putty instead of using styrene sheet and I will remove temporary the upper wall of the inlet in the lower fuselage to make access for sanding tools.

That is a superb build, I really love what you did there. Did you use Afterburner decals? I love the Sluggers' scheme and I really want to do one, so I'll be looking at this for inspiration in the future.

• 2 weeks later...