A-10 Thunderbolt II Osan AFB

Hi modelers, I share with you photos of this model, nothing particularly difficult, just a bit of evergreen and photoeched, I hope to give updates soon. Do not let me miss your suggestions and your criticisms :)

A-102_zpsfdeebdb2.jpg

A-10A3_zpsabc84cdf.jpg

A-10A4_zps381a0e83.jpg

A-10A5_zps777a7db5.jpg

A-10A6_zps89143124.jpg

A-10A7_zpsa1240906.jpg

A-10A8_zps7dc4a956.jpg

A-10A9_zps6684514e.jpg

Thought I'd jump on board for the ride. Now we have two 1/48 scale HB A-10 builds going on at the same time. I'm sure that each will be different, and the focus of each build we be different.

Your PE work will really add to both the landing gear bay and the sponsons.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Thank you all for the nice words, they encourage me. :woot.gif:

I am glad that there are other Warthogs arriving or update, excuse me if I can not follow all of your wonderful work but the free time that I have available is not much.

I have not used all photoeched available for the main wheel bays because some of them were hopelessly bent, I'll see if I can fix it somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am with some mild upgrade, nothing special but I finished the painting of the wheel bays and I can move on to finish the wings of the model.

On a black base I painted the base gray......

A-10A%2010_zpszvizjuwd.jpg

I have a little bit heightened the base color.....

A-10A%2011_zpspdjgb2qb.jpg

after giving a coat of satin, I started washing with oil colors....

A-10A%2012_zpsbvcbzqrn.jpg

when oil colors have dried I applied a drybrush with a very light gray to contrast a bit....

A-10A%2013_zpsj56ga5to.jpg

The end result is live more fulfilling, the photo does not do the best, however I finished the job and I have spent gluing the wheel bays.

A-10A%2014_zpsxrio8cam.jpg

A-10A%2015_zpsnopfneji.jpg

For the moment this is all about, not much but slowly I go ahead :)/>

Spad, WOW your construction and painting are very masterful and clean. Not to mention your photography. I will follow your progress here on ARC although I know I have commented on your work on Z5 as well. I know I will learn a lot from your build. I am really glad that there is another current build of Hobby Boss's A-10 going on.

From Z5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by taggor View Post

This is going to be good and I am taking notes too!

First thing though, is to remember to re-position the ram air duct on the left side fuselage just above the large circuit breaker access panel as it is in the wrong spot. If you let it go, the national insignia will not place correctly in either of the two positions that it is commonly found.

Hello Mark, I have seen the work that you have done and I noticed particularly, surely you have done a great job demonstrating also a great dexterity. I must also thank you that you have brought out an important detail, without which I definitely and all others who face this model, would have difficulties. I watched a bit of pictures of the affected area and in the end I decided to take action, but not the way you did, I'll move the ram air duct but not below but rather more to the right and then to the bow of the plane, bringing it in line with the lower panel, and without moving the latter panel lower. This change should be enough to get a good result without much editing work.

I hope that my English is understandable

Vincenzo!

Response from taggor:

Thank you for your kind comments! You humble me.

-Mark

Edited by taggor

Here's another little update.

Thank taggor, I changed the position of the ram air duct, I moved it to the right, the old closing duct with plasticard, smoothing everything and obtaining a new duct.....

A-10A%2016_zpsm4vdwzfe.jpg

A-10A%2017_zpseodrl4od.jpg

A-10A%2018_zpsjbjlqnyp.jpg

A-10A%2019_zpsx4ku46mz.jpg

Then I opened the avionics bay right, I created with the very thin plastic card latch to close the door (I hope to be clear), and after a test I cleaned Aires bay with alcohol, I painted a black coat to give already the shadows for the base color and then I completed the job with Vallejo colors.....

A-10A%2020_zpsudt7dxuu.jpg

A-10A%2021_zpsxugoflxc.jpg

A-10A%2022_zpsdxips7me.jpg

A-10A%2023_zpszaxbdja7.jpg

A-10A%2024_zpstanqigou.jpg

A-10A%2025_zpsyk1splvi.jpg

Edited by Spad

Very nicely done on adding that electrical bay. What really impressed me is the sheet lip you added all the way around. All four sides look exactly the same. Well done.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W