Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Nanook

Members
  • Content count

    257
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Nanook

  • Rank
    Tenax Sniffer (Open a window!)

Recent Profile Visitors

5,863 profile views
  1. I recently got this kit as a started one that was missing pieces. I was able to go thru my spares and find all I needed except the following: A10 (intake-see picture) MA #1,2,7,9,10 (PE fret-see picture) I'll be happy to take them used, painted, whatever you got and will pay for your time and parts. Thanks a bunch! Later, Lee
  2. I wound up buying each of these kits for $4 each. In need of the following items: Camel-decals, windscreen, gun half (21A). Not partial on decals for this oldie. Just something of good quality. X-1-decals, canopy. I think I have enough stars and bars fit it. The specific X-1 markings are all that I need. Thanks for any help and obviously I’m glad to cover any costs for parts and shipping. Can be parts off of a built kit or will gladly take a vacuformed copy of the windscreen and canopy. I even have a Mattel Vacuform machine and can make a copy. Later, Lee P.S. The Camel came with extra parts from a 2nd kit. Wings (upper and lower, prop, partial engine, landing gear, struts, etc.). If you need any of it LMK.
  3. Robert, I'm pretty sure I have the props. I don't have wheels though. Shoot me a PM with your address. Later, Lee
  4. Nanook

    Testors/NewRay 1/35 M3 Lee *DONE*

    Well, I'm calling this one done! This is the Testors/NewRay 1/32 M3 Lee tank. Added a scratch built rack using leftover PE fret framing, extra gear from the spares bin, figures and a pair of road wheels from the Monogram Screamin’ Mimi kit and replaced the soft plastic cannon barrels using brass tubing. Had to extensively modify the front transmission cover to get it passable. Decals are from the Tamiya M3 kit. Took me three weeks to complete at a cost of $6.50 and $5 for the decals. Later, Lee
  5. Nanook

    Testors/NewRay 1/35 M3 Lee *DONE*

    All but officially done...just some minor details to add to the figures and add the stowage/gear. I scratch built a storage rack for the back to cover the hole for the ON/OFF switch. Later, Lee
  6. Well, success has been achieved! The green side had a slightly better/thicker copy so I placed it topside. I had to use a bit of Mr. Hobby Dissolved Putty for the weakest areas and on some of the seams. Overall I am pleased with the results. One more SoD kit saved and moving forward. Later, Lee
  7. Nanook

    Testors/NewRay 1/35 M3 Lee *DONE*

    More work was done last night on the Testors M3 Lee. The light arrangement on the front fenders required some scratch building. The pieces on the kit were melted into place and, as they are that same soft material the gun barrels are, I could not clean it up. So, I used leftover PE fret framing, plastic rod and some parts from my spares to replicate the lights. It's not pretty but its far better than it was. I have a pic that compares the kit parts to my work. The transmission cover was also given a final sanding down and cleanup. More work was done last night. The light arrangement on the front fenders required some scratch building. The pieces on the kit were melted into place and, as they are that same soft material the gun barrels are, I could not clean it up. So, I used leftover PE fret framing, plastic rod and some parts from my spares to replicate the lights. It's not pretty but its far better than it was. I have a pic that compares the kit parts to my work. The transmission cover was also given a final sanding down and cleanup. Later, Lee
  8. So, when you are missing the elevator to a kit what do you do? Vacuform copies of the parts from a spare kit! Thanks to a fellow member of my local club I was able to do just that and start moving forward again on my 1/72 Airfix Short Stirling build. It gets pretty straightforward from here. Later, Lee
  9. Decals have been secured. Thanks, Larry! Thrilled, Lee
  10. Okay, this is a bit of an oddball. I picked it up on a lark at Michaels. It was $6.50 after the 60% off coupon. It's a toy and was originally offered by NewRay. The chassis was cast to fit a small electric motor. This kit comes with none of the motorized parts. It is squared off at the bottom of the transmission cover where the motor goes. So I used a resin block to fill the area and will sand it to shape. I am replacing the gun barrels with brass tubing as well. I also decided to open up the commander's hatch. I am adding the three figures from the old Monogram M4A1 Screamin' Mimi kit and a few of the parts from it to dress up the kit a tad. Note that the tracks are one-piece rubber style units that you have to stretch over the wheels to fit into place. I have a set of Tamiya decals to use for it as the only markings it comes with are tampo-style and will be covered over with paint. Later, Lee This is the transmission cover...
  11. Okay call me crazy but I picked up this Testors M3 Lee kit for a quick build. I need decals though for it (and have nothing in my spares that comes close) as it comes with no decals. I can use either option from the Tamiya kit or from the Takom or Academy kits. I just need something. ;) Happy to buy and/or reimburse shipping costs. Thanks, Lee
  12. Nanook

    P-51D Seat(s)

    Jeff, it's Lee. I have what you need, my friend. Emailing you now... Lee
×