Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Pappy121

  • Rank
    Step away from the computer!

Recent Profile Visitors

7,503 profile views
  1. G'day fellas, thanks for the info, especially the correct seat. I did not realise that the Testors kit is a re-pop of the Fujimi kit, that is very helpful, thanks very much! cheers, Pappy
  2. G'day people, The 1/72 Fujimi A-7E kit is a little scarce at current time and I prefer not to to use the Italeri/HB kits. Is a conversion of the A-7D to A-7E feasible? I know that the USAF socket type AAR fairing would be left off in favour of the USN style probe and drogue bolted to the right side of the forward fuselage. The nose gear unit would be different due to the catapult launch bar (I am thinking an in-flight model so this could be a non-issue?) and I also think that the USN A-7Es had external wave guides on the rear fuselage, were there any other external dif
  3. G'day Tim, I have now added a link in my previous reply. When I attempted to add an image all I got was the URL address and no image cheers, Pappy
  4. Wot, like this Page 3, post #42 http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=29021&page=3 Sorry for the link, I cannot seem to get the images to attach to the message. I punched some discs out of some 'holographic" Christmas decorations. The decoration material is quite thin so I glue it to a sheet of clear packaging material using PVA glue and allowing to dry overnight first before punching the discs out Pappy
  5. They may not be as warlike but how about a SUU-20 practice bomb dispenser or even an MXU-648 travel pod? Both of these stores were carried and the travel pod (whose design is based upon the old NAPALM bomb) was usually a canvas for the resident unit artist and could be quite colourful as it was hidden away in the weaps bay. It wouls certainly be quirky and different to all the other F-117s on the table? Pappy
  6. I don't have a plan B, I intend to hold the manufactuerer to account Pappy
  7. G'day people, So 3 months on and still no replacement part. I have e-mailed Italeri's customer service (surely this is an oxymoron) again: "Message: Hello, I have been waiting for replacement part for my 1/48 H-21 for over three months. I cannot complete my kit because the kit canopy was warped beyond use. I first contacted your customer service department the 30 July 20. I was asked to provide pictures of the warped part which I have done. I have received an e-mail stating that the replacement part would be replaced as soon as possible but I do not think three months i
  8. G'day Jon, I am happy that you got a result. Unfortunately I cannot say the same. After two e-mails with the standard "we care and will get to you as soon as we can" message I am still no closer. This is crap Pappy
  9. G'day Jon, I only got the automated response and nothing since despite some follow up e-mails. Not impressed so far The rest of the kit is okay and looks good on the sprue however once you start dry fitting bits together it is not so great. My test fitting of the engine bay and aft fuselage bulkhead parts shows that the parts are underside. If you attach them to one fuselage half (as suggested in the instructions) they will not touch the other fuselage half as they are not wide enough. The cockpit is very simplified and it is a very visible area. Even if my canop
  10. G'day Jon, I am sorry to hear that but that was the point of my post. Hopefully the problem is limited to just a small number of kits. I have not heard back beyond the automated reply, I hope you have a better result cheers, Pappy
  11. G'day Gator, I immediately contacted Italeri's customer service dept. and received a reply (automated) within 24hrs, however nothing since. My address and contact details were included and no spares have been forthcoming however, COVIFD19 may be a factor here, but still no reply about a spare part being sent or even an acknowledgement that there was an issue. I have also contacted the retailer who is also chasing a spare canopy for me, this may be the better option
  12. G'day Jager, I think that it would be a very risky option and even if re-shaping worked I suspect that it will leave flow lines or stress marks in the material. Ordinarily this would be hidden by paint but not so in a clear part. I also find that the hot water method works quite well with resin but plastic tends to be , well more 'plastic' and develops a memory even after plunging into cold water. In any case I don't intend to make any effort to correct the part, instead I expect the manufacturer/wholesaler/distributor supply me with a correctly formed part as that is
  13. G'day people, I was playing around with the main assemblies of this kit to determine if there would be any fit issues. Well I found one and boy, it's a biggie! It appears that my canopy part is badly warped. The lower section bulges outwards too much with the result that it is too wide for the fuselage and the part is too shallow vertically to allow the top of the canopy to to reach the upper fuselage. This throws out the whole windscreen angle as well. It is like it has been
  14. This is incredibly cool! Awesome skillz Ken, cheers, Pappy
  • Create New...