1/48 Monogram F-18A Legacy Hornet

Hi Cyrus,

Damn! Cut that out. You make us mortals feel, well, like mortals. But I know your secret to rescribing: You found Barbara Eden in that Jeannie bottle. Come clean Cyrus, admit it! It's Jeannie doing all that rescribing for you.....isn't it? ;)

Lonnie

Miami, Florida

Hi Cyrus,

Damn! Cut that out. You make us mortals feel, well, like mortals. But I know your secret to rescribing: You found Barbara Eden in that Jeannie bottle. Come clean Cyrus, admit it! It's Jeannie doing all that rescribing for you.....isn't it?

Lonnie

Miami, Florida

Hey Lonnie! Okay ... I gotta confess after that airforce guy lost the bottle, I happen to pick it up at a garage sale for dirt cheap only to find out Jeannie was in there. My first wish was to rescribe all my kits so viola...instant panel lines! Never did them since. :cheers:

:cheers:

Cyrus, i just checked out your other builds here that you and David mentioned, superb work!!!

The F5 and the F14 are awesome, but that F4 is just oustanding, what a model!

Look forward to see your F18 unfold,

Cheers,

Jeff.

now we know what you are doing when you are off the radar scope
Thanks Colin! That's what happens when I'm offline...I actually make progress. :( As for my demo, I'm looking into having it video taped. We'll see?
Cyrus, i just checked out your other builds here that you and David mentioned, superb work!!!
Jeff, glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for looking! :cheers:
As good as if it was released with recessed panel lines.
Thanks Mike! Btw, it's actually a kitbash of the Hase and Mono kit. Just kidding! :)

:blink: fellas

Edited by Cyrus Tan
  • 1 month later...
Any progress there Cyrus?
model madness...actually yes :salute: . It's almost ready for paint. I just have to install the vertial stabs and it should be ready. I'll post some updated pics when I get a chance.

Thanks for asking!

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff there Cy..

Thanks for posting the pics! I just picked up the Legacy (revell) on EBAY for 2.25 so I'm looking forward to doing one of those again. And since you posted these... Now, even as bad as my eyesight is I can see where the rivets are supposed to be!! Anyway, they're awesome! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Cyrus

I cant make the Nats this year but I am hoping to see you at the AVG regional in November......I will break your hands then if thats OK!! :cheers:

Awesome work as usual my friend. I am mailing all of my Monogram kits to you so you can scribe them and send them back.

Cheers amigo

Mike

Looking Good Cyrus, anymore progress?
Fuji, It's ready for decals, but have taken any shots. Just trying to finish up now.
I cant make the Nats this year but I am hoping to see you at the AVG regional in November......I will break your hands then if thats OK!!

Awesome work as usual my friend. I am mailing all of my Monogram kits to you so you can scribe them and send them back.

:rofl: Thanks Mikey. You miss out on free BEER? No beer farts and your hilarious wise cracks? :P We'll definitely miss you this year.:thumbsup: Maybe AVG? We'll see.

:D