F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

It all comes down to maintenance manhours = $$$.

Wait, the B-52 is still flying. Ah...newest one was constructed in 1961.

Politics and $$ killed the cat.

Let's get back to postng purdy pictures of the greatest jet fighter in Naval Aviation History.

Let's not forget time also ...

The Phantom has it's own thread Dave ... :o :)

Gregg

There's nothing wrong with the JR scheme. In fact, it's an awesome scheme. Just a little variety would be appreciated. We have enough Gate Guards out there to cover every squadron that flew the great cat two times over.

Oh, I agree Dave.

I know that jet has been posted before, but I was board last night and posted it since I shot it while I was at Oceana Saturday before last.

Edited by VFA-103guy
That's not a real AIM-54 is it? Looks like a mockup. We are looking for a way to build a pair of these for our Tomcat. We have the pallets just need the Phoenix to attach to them.

Dave,

shoot me a PM and I *might* be able to get you in touch with the model rocket club that built our replica. (that is, if our museum curator has contact info for them) lol, now we just need a proper pylon or pallet to hang it off of (it's just hanging on off of the top half of the glove pylon for now)

Edited by Skull Leader

And if that doesn't work, I've got the name of the model shop here in town that built one for me a few years back. That would be a Hollywood prop house, not an actual 'model' shop... It would probably be a little pricier than finding a wood/metal/plastic fabricator that could make one for you, but it looked dead on!!

-brian

Hey Viper Tomcat - What was the point of that? Seriously, are you trolling here? You don't see people going into the F-4 thread and telling them to 'get over it'. And no one would dare go into the Tweet thread for fear of reprisals from the legendary team up of the almighty Tweet and Chuck Norris.

This thread isn't about lamenting the fact that the jet is gone, it's a modeling and aviation resource for info and photographs. If you don't have a Tomcat picture/info to share or are looking for - why bother?

Although, I'll give you the poster is pretty funny.

-brian

The Tomcat did have a powerful presence...

But..she's gone now, so..let us hail the Super Hornet!

And a gentle reminder to those who still are licking the wounds of September 2006?

persistence.jpg

hey Viper tomcat,

I will NEVER hail the super hornet! Tomcats forever!

Not sure why, but I've been posting and they are disappearing, but I said - Tumor's VF-2 shot has to be one of my favorites! They've got a huge print of it hanging in the office's in the Hook, that really show who beautifully exposed the shot was. Great Dunes backdrop+freshly painted Tomcat+ perfect time of day = magnificent photograph! :whistle:

-brian

That photo is amazing Dave! The tomcat looks factory fresh.

unless I am mistaken, that jet probably WAS factory fresh when that photo was taken... I may be wrong, but I think that is the delivery scheme VF-2 had on their Super Tomcats.